Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

XBox 360 Gets Hack to Play Backups Not Detectable by Microsoft

Sponsored Links
    As a follow-up to the recent XBox Live Bans and HDD Crippling wave comes word today that C4Eva is working on a new XBox 360 DVD Firmware.

Although the hack is currently in the development and testing phase, it's been dubbed iXtreme LT (Lite Touch).

To quote from #fw on [Register or Login to view links] EFNet: "[c4eva] new fw in dev/test - ixtreme LT (Lite Touch) - more efficient, minimal patching, all aspects of fw indistinguisable from orig, no more bans, No ETA!"

We do not have more details at the moment. As far as we know the 3 'test boxes' C4Eva has running are still fine (not banned).

So there's NO ETA for the firmware yet, but it should come out for Lite-On drives first.

XBox 360 Gets Hack to Play Backups Not Detectable by Microsoft

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Big Grin

Sponsored Links
    Sounds phantastic to me... if only it wouldn't take so long...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I thought he already said that he's previous fw was undetectable and most bans where do to early releases and bad image burns? But more efficient fw is always welcome I guess.

Well I don't think people should blame him for their consoles being banned. In every release of IXtream it was said that playing backups online is always risky. I don't know whether this one will be undetectable. I think it is cat and mouse game again. Until microsoft finds out a way to screw us again.

I know from pplz useing iXtreme on LiteOn drives, playing online with Non-Web Backups and never get banned.

Quote Originally Posted by cfwprophet View Post
    I know from pplz useing iXtreme on LiteOn drives, playing online with Non-Web Backups and never get banned.
    Thats what i thought too, i think ms already know CRCs from scene release, so its easy to find you. same game, same CRCs used by so many ppl, its obvious.Better rent a game, rip, and then play and you'll have "uniq" CRCs

Quote Originally Posted by hosmy View Post
    Thats what i thought too, i think ms already know CRCs from scene release, so its easy to find you. same game, same CRCs used by so many ppl, its obvious.Better rent a game, rip, and then play and you'll have "uniq" CRCs
    I just got banned the other day. I never play online, I never have a disk in the drive when I go online so how did they detect the firmware mod?

What I heard is in the latest console firmware there is another part of the 360 that records the drives firmware and when you install CFW on the drive it's different to the one stored and when you get online it gives both numbers and then bans you.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rikk View Post
    I never play online, I never have a disk in the drive when I go online so how did they detect the firmware mod?
    I think it's done with a timing check... although I'm not into XBox 360 stuff myself, but from what I hear C4E has been aware of it for quite some time so it's no surprise to 360 Devs.

Oh well

Well I'm not banned and I don't ever plan to go online anyway seeing how my console is still on the exploitable kernel. Just going to wait until the homebrew scene picks up like xbox 1.

Well latest is always best so newer cfw will be great.

BTW I think its not the firmware that causes a ban its the games you played eg playing an unreleased game or bad rip or maybe unstealth one.

With keeping all these things in mind that never play a game before it offically releases and check that game is properly patch and its been 1.5yrs im playing online and not banned yet.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News