Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

XBox 360 Firmware questions

Sponsored Links
    If i load a new firmware on my drive and save my old firmware, am i able to load the old firmware back later? And if so will there be any problems with x.b.l? Even if i dont sign into xbl with the new firmware?

Also one other question i have had to let my 360 update to play some game before it would allow me to play, will that hurt my x.b.l with the new firmware.

Thanks and i am sorry if this has been asked and i overlooked it.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If you load on a new firmware, and back up the old one, you can always flash it back to the original. There should be no problems on xbl with a properly patched game; however, there are no guarantees, and it is very hit-or-miss. You will NOT have any problems playing your original copies of games online, though. So, I suggest that you use the burned copies off-line and the originals on-line.

So far, updates have not hurt dvd drive firmwares, the updates are done to the xbox's software, not the dvd firmware.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    thanks for the reply.

For the games that require update prior to playing games on the system, does that cause any risk?

For updates up till now, no, no risks that we know of so long as you use iXtreme firmwares and properly patched backups/originals. This doesn't of course mean that M$ hasn't been collecting data for a long time and plans to use it to ban in the future though. Its a possibility, but if you live completely in fear all the time, you miss out.

where can i download a good firmware?

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News