Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

XBox 360 Beats PS3 and Wii to Become the 'It' Console?

Sponsored Links
    Has Microsoft's Xbox 360 finally cemented itself as the 'it' console for this generation? You know, the most talked about, played, respected and in the forefront of peoples minds?

If listening to the [Register or Login to view links] of US President Obama are to be taken at face value then perhaps so.

To quote: You can't just contract out parenting. For our kids to excel, we have to accept our responsibility to help them learn. That means putting away the Xbox - putting our kids to bed at a reasonable hour. It means attending those parent-teacher conferences and reading to our children and helping them with their homework."

With his recent public comment about 'putting away the Xbox' it makes you wonder why his words focused on the Microsoft brand name. If we're to go by sales then surely the most sold is the Nintendo Wii, yet there was no mention of 'putting away the Wii'.

Maybe Obama's speech writers felt it didn't roll off the tongue as smoothly as Xbox, but at least it proves that the masses understand and recognize the Xbox branding, which last generation would have certainly been PlayStation.

Microsoft has seen some great growth with its hardware sales despite poor public perception over its hardware failures (RRoD). The recent NPD figures suggest that the Xbox 360 is the only console to see a year-on year growth in sales. Its attach rate also remains very high - ultimately, this simply means more people know about Xbox 360 including President Obama.

Let's not overlook the message here though which is the amount of time people are playing consoles. Are gamers spending more time playing their Xbox consoles than they are PS3s and Wiis?

At least Microsoft's response to Obama's remarks have been positive, stating that at least with the Xbox 360 parents are able to set a timer which helps limit the amount of time played on the machine. Great for younger gamers who should only be playing video games in moderation which is really the point of what Obama is saying.

Either way, with the big man at the top referencing Microsoft's console it's all good publicity and certainly highlights the fact that Microsoft has come a long way in the console marketplace.

XBox 360 Beats PS3 and Wii to Become the 'It' Console?

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    ROFL on the latest picture

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The US president is not gonna make a remark using foreign brand names, of course he is gonna say Xbox over ps or wii.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The wii gives a workout so he has a reason not to mention it. The xbox is next in line because of sales and being less useful than a wii.

By that logic if Obama had said that people had to put away the Atari would that have made it the "IT" console for this generation?.

Obama´s thought about consoles have absolutely no relevance in deciding which is the most relevant console of this generation, now, if like most americans the people consider the US as the only part of the world then yes, Xbox would be the second most relevant console but the PS3 is very quickly closing the gap.

In my opinion the Wii is still the most relevant console of this generation worldwide and I expect it to remain like that for at least another year.

uuhhmmm, ok

Sooooo, whatever product name he mentions is the standard? The messiah worship of this guy is still going insane i see.

If he touches an Xbox360 does it turn into gold? If it looks at him can it walk on water?

Sales tell the "IT" console, not some old lameass politicians.

If he said the "Quit playing your Gamecubes" these same stories would be popping up saying "Obama loves gamecube, be cool like him and sell your consoles and get more gamecubes, I love him, I'll play what he tells me, He is my savior!!!!"

That is if you could afford one, since most people are still losing all their jobs under this idiot.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News