Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

World's First iPhone Virus Changes Wallpaper to Rick Astley

Sponsored Links
    Today Dailymail.co.uk (linked above) is reporting that the world's first iPhone virus has surfaced, which apparently changes your wallpaper to a picture of Rick Astley.

Since the recent jigbreak, those who did not change their root password are vulnerable as it will reportedly turn on the iPhone's SSH service.

To quote: "A 21-year-old Australian claims to be the first hacker in the world to infect the iPhone with a virus.

It spreads between phones with each call but the damage extends to changing the device's wallpaper - to a photo of Eighties pop star Rick Astley famous for his hit Never Gonna Give You Up.

Sydney student Ashley Towns said he wanted to raise the issue of security, adding: 'What I've done has shown that anyone can easily hack into an iPhone'.

Mr Towns' virus can only infect iPhones which have been 'jailbroken' by their owners - an action that allows phone owners to install applications on their phones which have not been approved by Apple."

World's First iPhone Virus Changes Wallpaper to Rick Astley

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I don't know how many people would Jailbreak their iphone. I think apple will come forward and say "See, that is what you get from Jailbreaking".

I hope these viruses stay as minimal as to changing wallpapers etc.. I don't want my iphone to screw up.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by walidahmadi View Post
    I don't know how many people would Jailbreak their iphone. I think apple will come forward and say "See, that is what you get from Jailbreaking".

I hope these viruses stay as minimal as to changing wallpapers etc.. I don't want my iphone to screw up.
    Damn, Whats up with Rick Astley lol Rick roll, Now a virus for the iphone,I have mine jailbroken, I hope I don't get this =S

I am glad to see that the virus isn't one that really does unresolvable damage to the phone. I would be so mad if I bought an I-phone and modified it, then someone screw it up. A virus that destroys is like some one hitting your nice shinny car or truck with a sledge hammer. But this virus is like a some one drawing on your window with shoe polish. Kind of a jerk thing to do but it only takes a few minutes to fix it instead of a lot of money.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News