Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Post Windows SDK for Kinect released

Sponsored Links
    Microsoft have released the SDK for Kinect. Hope to see some good stuff developed.

Only for Win7 though.

[Register or Login to view links]
    Last edited by NaTaS69; 06-17-2011 at 03:22 AM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Cool news for prospective Kinect developers indeed NaTaS69 and +Rep!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I find that funny. At first they tried really hard to keep people from using it for anything other than waggle games on the 360, but after a few devs showed the power of the thing they decided to open it up. Now they put out an official SDK.

I wish Sony would take a page from Microsoft's book for once...

Well not really, for real games the only thing that's of any use is mic and the only even remotely promising implementation of it is in mass effect 3 for squad control. The problem is if you're going to use any kind of motion control with kinect you can't use the controller so you loose all the inputs. Though I'd be interested to hear what devs showed the power of kinect incase i'm missing something

As for an SDK for Move it's not really needed since there's a few perfectly adequate open source attempts (same as Kinect)

That's why its welcome, because the open source ones as you say are just attempts, there's nothing like the real thing and the beta testers backup that go's with it.

+rep to you NaTaS69

Um I'm guessing you haven't used them, the open source ones have far greater functionality than the official kinect SDK. Everyone knows the only reason Microsoft released the SDK is because the open source one has done so well and Microsoft wanted a bit of the publicity not to mention some fresh ideas to rip off.

Hell Microsoft went so far as to actually say if you use the unofficial SDK it'll void your warranty on your Kinect, that's the kind of 'help' the community doesn't need or want.

You do have a valid point on that Barry.

On another note and I maybe misinformed with this one and maybe yourself or others may know, but I was on the understanding the Kinect was 1st thought up by sony?

If that is the case I would be intrested looking into porting the thing to the PS3, with the help of some dev's creating the patches for the controller so you dont loose all the inputs.

Forgive my fussy logic, its my age.

its not that the controllers go off or anything like that its that your 2 hands are going to be on the controller so there really isn't a lot of motion controls you can implement, i like the moves range of inputs but that ridiculous ball is annoying lol

[Register or Login to view links] <-- That's the license for the kinect SDK, it's a joke.

looking over it briefly I see what you mean.

Yeah my particular favourites are:

2d You must not work around any technical limitations in the software
    2e You must not access or use, or attempt to access or use, features of the Kinect device that are not exposed or enabled by the Software
    2k You must not distribute any Application or Sample Code that is enabled to run on any platform other than the Windows platform

Not to mention the complete banning of any commercial applications and even connecting a kinect to a nonwindows platform.

I think people will just stick with the entirely free open source versions that come with no real limitations.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News