Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Windows 8 Details Surface, Coming with 128-Bit Support

Sponsored Links
    Microsoft's Windows 7 isn't arriving until the October 22nd, however, details have surfaced over the weekend that indicate Windows 8 will come with 128-bit support.

This information was derived from Robert Morgan's [Register or Login to view links] (Google cache), who is a senior research and development engineer at Microsoft.

Needless to say, the information has now been removed from his profile.

To quote: In it, he says he's "working in high security department for research and development involving strategic planning for medium and longterm projects."

He goes on to say his R&D projects include: "128-bit architecture compatibility with the Windows 8 kernel and Windows 9 project plan." He's also responsible for "forming relationships with major partners: Intel, AMD, HP and IBM.

A 128-bit version of Windows 8 would represent the next leap in performance. According to Microsoft's plans to release a new desktop version of Windows every three years, Windows 8 is scheduled to become available in 2012."

Windows 8 Details Surface, Coming with 128-Bit Support

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have done a little bit research and found out that next year a new CPU generation from Intel will appear.First a quad with the abbility to make two tasks in one core wich will lead in 8 tasks per Quad with a shared 3 in size of 16MB and not enough they put out a 45nm Quad with 2 CPU´s!!!

Second:
    So together we will have 1 Dual-Quad CPU with 2 Quad Cores leading in REAL 8 Cores with 2 Tasks per Core, results with 16 Tasks using 32MB of shared 3 L3 Cach.
    For sure this CPU uses 128bit
    Future were comming!!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    when i read news like this makes more and more sure that impossible is nothing. although i am convinced that the computer industry {apple microsoft ibm hp amd intel etc etc etc.....} could have accomplished this goal even this year or the year before.
    well anyway happynews!! :]

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sheesh. I'm not aware of anything that a home user would do that would require a 128-bit architecture. I'm not even aware of anything in scientific computing that could use that. It'll be a... ahem... long time before any computer on Earth has 2^64 bytes of RAM. (That's 4 billion Gigabytes of RAM.)

What am I missing?

But this are old news and actuel will be that AMD have released last month news about there upcomming new CPU Generations called "Fusion" and as the name mentior it is a fusion of AMD-CPU´s and ATI-GPU´s.

Available in Dual- or Quad- Core.But i dont know if the main the Quad per PU or together for both.
    We will see.. in 2011

Oh i forgot: the actuel CPU´s like Quads have 128bit called SSE4A for AMD CPU´s and for Intel i think it was SSE4c.
    Last edited by cfwprophet; 10-12-2009 at 04:35 PM

well windows 7 is so great i have that right now and it working great im glad to hear they arent going to wait 10 years this time to make something good again. 128 bit os sounds intresting we just need processors to support that!

128 bit processors aren't new. The PS2 sports a 128 bit processor (called Emotion Engine or something like that) and that's dated from back in 2000. That's probably why it (still) takes so friggin long to develop a (good) PS2 emulator. Because most desktops use 64 bit max. Apart from gaming consoles, mainframes and supercomputers are most likely using them. Desktops will have to wait, for now.

Was thinking of buying a new PC but when I heard Intel's going to market a new breed of processors next year... Damn. Talk about PC's getting obsolete in few months time. And think of how much it'll cost ! High-end Intel CPUs are ridiculously expensive.

But it's the next logical step. Like the 32 bit / 64 bit transition.

PS: Wonder what The Cell [insert thunder here]'s architecture is... Can't be 64 bits, right ??
    Last edited by DSpider; 10-14-2009 at 05:19 AM

Big Grin Speaking outloud in a quiet voice

Not long ago I would have dreaded the release of W8 due to Vista and the general perception of the OS. After running W7RC on my net book I say bring it on. Believe it or not W7 runs about the same as XPPRO_SP3, minus the lack of video resources for media center to function at full capacity.

I just hope that SQL 2005 will be compatible since most applications I run and support have not migrated to SQL 2008.

128Bit Remember when hardware couldn't keep up with the software, those day's are over for now it seems.

Then the software makers better get on making 128 bit software as if they are slow like they were with the 64 bit version of windows as most of the software companies were not even ready with 64 bit software.. maybe they will not make that mistake this time.. hopefully..

Would any average computer user really want to upgrade to Windows 8 in three years time. Maybe they should concentrate on supporting their upcoming OS instead of jumping a ahead already.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News