Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Wii System Menu v4.3 and Waninkoko Firmware Updater Arrives

Sponsored Links
    Today Nintendo has released Wii System Menu version 4.3, which like past updates isn't homebrew friendly, and so Waninkoko has [Register or Login to view links] a new Firmware Updater to allow users to update their Wii consoles without jeopardizing homebrew channel applications.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / Wii Firmware Updater v4.3 (Bug Fix)

Below are the changes Wii System Menu v4.3 introduces:

- Deletes the Homebrew Channel and DVDX, title IDs HAXX, DVDX, JODI, DISC, and DISK.
    - Now uses IOS80.
    - IOS254 stubbed BootMii is deleted.
    - Fixed Bannerbomb less stupidly this time.
    - Added IOS58.
    - HackMii Installer Userland+Syscall IOS exploit removed
    - ES_AddTitleFinish now checks the signature (Trucha Bug Restorer and similar won't work anymore)

Those who didn't use Waninkoko's application above may encounter "Wii Error:004". According to Nintendo, this error code indicates the system is attempting to load unauthorized software. Unauthorized modifications to save data or program files may impair game play or the Wii console and should be removed.

Wii System Menu v4.3 and Waninkoko Firmware Updater Arrives

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Is that a complete list of everything updated or just everything that affects homebrew and friends?

Sponsored Links

Cool

Sponsored Links
    I don't have a Wii myself, but from what I read there weren't any significant changes beyond those from Nintendo.

[Register or Login to view links]
    Most Recent Update: June 21, 2010

Wii Menu 4.3

Unauthorized Modifications
    Because unauthorized channels or firmware may impair game play or the Wii console, updating to Wii Menu version 4.3 will check for and automatically remove such unauthorized files. In addition, there are some behind the scenes enhancements that do not affect any prominently-used features or menus but will improve system performance.

here we go again... another challenge for the hackers

Here we go again... Another useless update just to stop homebrew. Although this time they stopped the trucha bug. I wonder how will they manage to solve that...

Arrow

He released a bugfix update today also, to quote:
    There's a bug in Firmware Updater 4.3 when patching the System Menu from USA and JAP firmwares, so the homebrew channels get removed after the update. Firmware Updater 4.3b fixes the bug so USA and JAP users can use it now with no worries.

If you are a PAL user and you already used Firmware Updater 4.3 you do NOT have to use this one.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Pahh... the first 3-4 years they did as good as nothing against HB. Even as Team Twiizers told them about the bug in the boot1 they did not change it till yet.

And now they try to kick out HB, bother users with a not bootable Wii so that they have to send it to Nintendo to fix it and have to pay for it and to same time no fix on the boot1 in the OTP in newer Wii´s?

Such Big faker - unbelievable.

damn, well I'm in a pickle, I feel totally idiotic posting here but, I bought my grandmother a Wii 2 weeks ago, got it 3 days ago.

It was on 3.4, I had it hacked and all, proceeded to update to 4.3 with this ;],
    Great!

Ran menupatcher, and it's bricked, at least I think. What would I need to get this back up and running? I believe I made the mistake of turning off the diag disc check. the unbrick disc doesn't load for me :[

IMO you're better off not updating if games are running fine. Even then, if a game isn't working correctly, you can usually just update the proper IOS for it via Dop-mii.

There hasn't been much useful in the official updates for some time now. It's mostly been patches just to stop homebrew. My Wii is currently on 4.0u and there's nothing I can't run.

While I'm not discrediting Waninkoko's work, or saying that his updaters don't work, but there's been many people complaining on other sites that his updates can cause problems as he either doesn't change, or leaves in some of the security features (that disable homebrew) from the official updates.

I've personally had this happen to me using one of his more recent updaters. Luckily I was able to downgrade, but I know I'll never use one of his again. There far too many custome apps and such I run on my Wii to have it messed up from an 'all in one' updater that may overlook some significant security update.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretikewl View Post
    IMO you're better off not updating if games are running fine. Even then, if a game isn't working correctly, you can usually just update the proper IOS for it via Dop-mii.

There hasn't been much useful in the official updates for some time now. It's mostly been patches just to stop homebrew. My Wii is currently on 4.0u and there's nothing I can't run.

While I'm not discrediting Waninkoko's work, or saying that his updaters don't work, but there's been many people complaining on other sites that his updates can cause problems as he either doesn't change, or leaves in some of the security features (that disable homebrew) from the official updates.

I've personally had this happen to me using one of his more recent updaters. Luckily I was able to downgrade, but I know I'll never use one of his again. There far too many custome apps and such I run on my Wii to have it messed up from an 'all in one' updater that may overlook some significant security update.
    well, I had it all done, upgrade went fine

However it was after I used menupatcher it didn't do anything.
    Sadly, I'm off to buy another wii today, but keeping the (bricked?) one in my room. IF there is a way to unbrick it, that'd be nice :]

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News