Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Wii System Menu 4.2 Released, Deletes and Blocks Homebrew

Sponsored Links
    It appears Nintendo has released another Wii System Menu update today to version 4.2.

Like previous updates, this latest revision will both delete and block Wii homebrew... and in [Register or Login to view links] destroy consoles, so be aware of this before updating your console.

It's also a mandatory update in order to access the Wii Shop Channel.

To quote: "I have NO idea why Nintendo loves to send me those update messages at midnight... alas, they keep doing it. Anyway, this time it was to let us know that the Wii has a System Update waiting: Firmware 4.2.

Now, the weird thing is, Nintendo hasn't even announced this yet! That's right, it just hits your system and no official release is made.

As such, there is not much information on what exactly this 4.2 update does exactly... Obviously, it attempts to override any form of hacking, homebrewing, or illegal software loaders (and according to reports, it does so fairly well, deleting the ever-famous Homebrew Channel and all custom IOS installed in tampered Wiis)."

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Does it block the bannerboom exploit as well ? Is it on 4.2 impossible to install the homebrew channel or cIsos ??

Hi again I have another question is it possible to update my WII to 4.1 E (I'm in Germany)
    Without being online ? I have the Homebrew channel ? Isn't there a wad with 4.1 E or something else ( I need it for WII Sports Resort)??
    Thx a lot
    Last edited by GotNoUsername; 09-29-2009 at 06:24 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    the Wii reminds me too much of the psp =\

some semi useful updates come out, to add features, then it gets really hacked, and it becomes 10+ updates about protecting it... a year later you get a semi useful update that should have been there from the start, and the chain of useless updates start again...

I really feel sorry for all the nonhackers *that make up 99.1 or so % of the wii owners* who have to deal with this... and the "hackers" whom only did this because 3.3 blocked region free discs, and they just want to play japanese/games they had from other regions =\

Banned User
    Sponsored Links

VIQ (very important question!?!)

Sponsored Links
    Ok let's suppose I have a 3.2 Wii and want to install 4.1 so that I can softmod my console with all the lates guides on the net!??! How do I do that?!?

Is there a way to update my WII to only 4.1 without it being softmoded already (I know 4.1 can be installed as a WAD if you have a softmoded console)?

Is there a DISC update utility?!?! or something that updates a WII from SD card!? (again without being softomoded)?
    Please advise!

Lightbulb

I'd recommend checking instructables..

Quote Originally Posted by mihaiolimpiu View Post
    Ok let's suppose I have a 3.2 Wii and want to install 4.1 so that I can softmod my console with all the lates guides on the net!??! How do I do that?!?

Is there a way to update my WII to only 4.1 without it being softmoded already (I know 4.1 can be installed as a WAD if you have a softmoded console)?

Is there a DISC update utility?!?! or something that updates a WII from SD card!? (again without being softomoded)?
    Please advise!
    Hey man... you can always do a OFFLINE update to the firmware.

download: [Register or Login to view links]

And check this video:

If you still need help let me know and i will gladly help you

Please be aware that the download is a package for NTSC USA Wii consoles ONLY
    Last edited by xplozion; 09-29-2009 at 11:39 AM Reason: Warning ADDED

oh god, here we go again..

everyone should wait for waninkoko's update, he usually removes the nintendo protections, leaving only the useful features

Didn't Waninkoko just retire from the Wii scene for a while? Dun think it'll be coming from him if so.

[Register or Login to view links]

so in other words... dont update your wii and your fine right? i was going to update it since i couldn't play the beatles rockband
    and i had to search it first, but i remember everyone saying don't update your wii so i didn't.. man that suck if they block the HBC

oh yeah and waninkoko retired. he said his goodbyes and he's working on other stuff now. he might have an update for the wii but not to soon, we might have to wait for a long long time.. or just get it from someone else, but dont update the WII thats the main thing right now.

I've read that it blocks BannerBomb and updates Boot2 to version 4, removing BootMii in the process.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News