Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Confused What game has entertained you a lot lately?

Sponsored Links
    I haven't played anything new for a while. I've been thinking about buying a new game but most I see for sale these days aren't exactly to my taste. I mainly play RPGs and fighting games, but I do play games of every genre.

The last game I finished was Uncharted, considering the hype around it, it was disappointing. I'd give it a 6/10. I've been told the 2nd one was better but I don't have much enthusiasm to play it right now.

So as the title asks, what recent game has entertained you a lot recently? Point out what you liked or didn't like about it, give it a rating if you like.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Uncharted 6/10, really? I'm not a fanboy, but I am most certainly a fan, and the second one is better in atmosphere. Hell, the reason I love the games so much is because as a whole it is such a fresh, fun experience.

In other news, I have been playing a lot of Gears of War 3 multiplayer (sorry). But I am working up the nerve to go back and finish Final Fantasy XIII. Uncharted 3 will definitely be on my tv soon, though.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I finished Final Fantasy XIII, I bought it on the day of release. One of the problems is that it requires "finishing" the game (beating the final boss) before you can unlock the maximum abilities and therefore easily explore the open area and gather everything. Even when fully buffed up it takes some tricks to beat certain enemies like whatever the name of the most powerful giant-tortoise-thingy was. Getting platinum from that thing is the only good way I know of to get money in that game so it's rather painstaking. The combat system is very flawed, the way it requires building up, that way you can't really ever 1 hit kill anything yet they managed to make it fast paced enough that it actually is fun.

You know what, I think I will go back and finish collecting everything. Part of the reason I never did that is because it overall left a bitter taste in my mouth. They canceled the PC version just months before release apparently and even worse the entire game/story was allegedly downsized/crippled to accommodate Microsoft and to make more profit by selling it as two games. Apparently Microsoft demanded that it doesn't take up too many DVDs, I don't know why they did that... FF13 had no real towns, just a linear run for and to complete the story there will be a part 2 released in 2012.

Considering a lot of FF games are among my favourite games (13 included) as you can imagine I was furious that the game was split and the PC version canceled. Perhaps if I was younger I wouldn't care but the low resolution, frame rate, heavy aliasing and the weird scanlines they use in a poor attempt to mask the flaws drive me insane. Especially the heavily scanlined hair, makes me foam at the mouth in rage, I'd rather see the low resolution hair than have to see that nonsense.

A game that I personally just could never get enough of is the LittleBigPlanet series. It may look all kiddie and stuff, but it's pretty mich the complete opposite. Both of the games involve a lot of thinking to complete the levels, but you can also make your own levels e.t.c. and that also takes some thinking to do.

It's not just like a basic run here, travel there, and you're done. It can be that way, only IF you want it to be. This game will take some creativity, motivation, and thinkings skills for it to be fun, but once you put forth those the game is really fun.

GTA San Andreas , I'm now finishing the game for the 4th or 5th time , it's an amazing game! Especially if you have MTA/SAMP installed on your PC which enables you to play online if you have the game, there are plenty of servers, from freeroam to roleplay and there are also plenty of players.

It's one of those games that will never get old, GTA 4 was good but you can't play it over and over again like you can with San Andreas (At least for me). Because of this game I haven't been playing PS3 lately.

So if you have GTA San Andreas/Vice City/III on your PC I would recommend you download and install MTA (Multi Theft Auto) and give it a shot.
    Last edited by HeyManHRU; 10-19-2011 at 04:29 AM

Split Second: Velocity is a very underated game. Its great fun in 1 player mode and its multiplayer is good too. You can buy it new for 10 here as well.

Since yoy like RPG's, I really liked Dragon Age a lot. It's got a pretty neat combat system (kinda like FF XII, remember the gambits?) and very good story. You can team up to 4 players and control each one individual or just focus on 1 and have the others work around
    by putting up standard commands in the battle system. Took me a long time to beat the game and after that there are several DLC addons.

Also have Dragon Age 2 lying on the shelves but I'm still playing Uncharted (yes me too). I played Uncharted 2 first and thought
    going back to part 1 would be a big step back but in fact I like 1 better than 2. I think 1 is more challenging as 2 is fairly easy imo.

Ryuga Gotoku 4 (>_<)

I just finish almost everything in the game, the last one is Ex-Hard. Once I finish it, I will get Platinum Trophy ^^

Going in order:
    - Little Big Planet - I finally got this and I'm giving it a try, I only had time to start the game and play the first two levels so I can't really comment on it yet.

- The GTA series - I've never been a fan of, it's really just not my style.

- Split Second: Velocity - I like some racing games, some are really fun to me, some are boring to me. I'll give this one a look when I get the time.

- Dragon Age - I finished this long ago, one of my favourite games.

- Dragon Age 2 - I was hoping it would be a sequel to DAO, but it wasn't, it didn't catch my interest.

- Ryuga Gotoku 4 - "Like a Dragon 4", lolwut? English titles please... Yakuza 4 eh? I tend to play games in order. It seems interesting though I would at least play 3 before 4. Out of the games listed this is one where I'm afraid the graphics and frame rate might drive me nuts, the others aside from LBP actually have PC versions.

Well, LBP should keep me busy for a few hours... at least I think it'll be a few hours long.

White Knight Chronicles, will entertain you lots of hours. It's a great game which should be played by everyone at least once through the story.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News