Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Watchdog Group Reports 10 Games Parents Shouldn't Buy Kids

Sponsored Links
    The National Institute on Media and the Family is to release its 13th annual video game report card today and have given a list of 10 games parents should not buy their children.

They are Blitz: The League II, Gears of War 2, Saints Row 2, Dead Space, Fallout 3, Far Cry 2, Legendary, Left 4 Dead, Resistance 2 and Silent Hill: Homecoming.

The group recommended the following five T-rated games: Guitar Hero World Tour, Rock Band 2, Rock Revolution, Spider-Man: Web of Shadows and Shaun White Snowboarding.

To quote: Bloodshed and brutality are staples in the list of 10 games to avoid. All the games were M-rated, intended for those aged 17 and over.

"Blitz: The League II" players can target which body part of their football rivals they want to injure. Warriors in "Gears of War 2" use a combination rifle and chain saw. "Saints Row 2" features gang violence and allows players to shoot police officers.

Other games listed were "Dead Space," "Fallout 3," "Far Cry 2," "Legendary," "Left 4 Dead," "Resistance 2" and "Silent Hill: Homecoming."

Meanwhile, the institute recommended five T-rated games, intended for ages 13 and older: "Guitar Hero World Tour," "Rock Band 2," "Rock Revolution" "Spider-Man: Web of Shadows" and "Shaun White Snowboarding." More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Why the institute does not recommend Little Big Planet is beyond me.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Aw come on. Kids should be allowed to play Silent Hill. Lol Actually while I'm writing my game in the future. (I already have the base however I still need to write thing thing which will take over a year then find a company who enjoys the idea). I want to be one of these rater's of video game's. Mainly because I think it would be cool to be sitting in a living room all night long with a buddy playing them and getting paid.

However my dream will not come true... Since Watchdog (and every other parent testing group) doesn't actually play the games. And instead complains how many games are online keeping their kids from gaming. Even though Games gave birth to the internet....

Needless to say they annoy me. How can you claim that in GTA4 drunk driving gives you "Extra Points"? Do you mean Money from running over 15 pimp's? It doesn't make sense, they need to stop lying.

Silent Hill 5 is a great comedy game, I'm serious.

If playing violent games makes you more aggressive, then why do the recommend Guitar Hero? I mean, rockstars are usually drug addicts, alcoholics etc... Kids will play it and become alcoholics too!

Stupid list

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News