Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Results 1 to 7 of 7



  1. #1
    Forum Moderator PS3 News's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    27,639
    Sponsored Links

    Video: XBMC Running on XBox 360 / Ubuntu by Team Cygnos

    Sponsored Links
    Team Cygnos have posted a video of XBox Media Center (XBMC) running on XBox 360 with Ubuntu launched via the Xell loader by tmbinc.

    To quote: We managed to patch XBMC for Linux so that it runs on the XBox 360. It is still a proof-of-concept and does not have sound or 3D acceleration, but it runs!

    This is a demonstration of XBMC (Xbox Media Center) running on an XBox 360 with Ubuntu 7.10.

    More information on [Register or Login to view links].

    Those interested can check out the video below, courtesy of YouTube!






    More PlayStation 3 News...

  2. #2
    Junior Member Dreamcatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    61
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm sure it works but I have a few questions!

    1. At the 0:53 mark, he inserts a dvd and it states that it will boot Unbuntu from the hard disk. Clearly there is no HDD on his arcade model!

    2. How come the controller indicator lights switch between quadrant 1 and 2 before anything is installed?

  3. #3
    Registered User twitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    77
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    I'm sure it works but I have a few questions!

    1. At the 0:53 mark, he inserts a dvd and it states that it will boot Unbuntu from the hard disk. Clearly there is no HDD on his arcade model!
    If you look there is what looks to be a drive up there its the camera angle thats tricking you. I have XBMC on all 3 of my org xbox and I cant wait till I can use XBMC on the 360.

  4. #4
    Senior Member shummyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    739
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    I'm sure it works but I have a few questions!

    1. At the 0:53 mark, he inserts a dvd and it states that it will boot Unbuntu from the hard disk. Clearly there is no HDD on his arcade model!

    2. How come the controller indicator lights switch between quadrant 1 and 2 before anything is installed?
    See Pic


    Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    If you look there is what looks to be a drive up there its the camera angle thats tricking you. I have XBMC on all 3 of my org xbox and I cant wait till I can use XBMC on the 360


    I Agree and cant wait

    I dont care if i have to chip it to Get XBMC

    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

    vijyat.jpg   2j3jy4h.jpg   24eb19s.jpg  

  5. #5
    Registered User setTopbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    26
    This is awesome!! I don't have a 360, but this could give you a HiDef XBMC box for $120 used / $150 new!! Doing the quick math, I'm pretty sure you couldn't build a budget AMD box even for that price?

  6. #6
    Senior Member BlingOnMyWrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by setTopbox View Post
    This is awesome!! I don't have a 360, but this could give you a HiDef XBMC box for $120 used / $150 new!! Doing the quick math, I'm pretty sure you couldn't build a budget AMD box even for that price?
    Would you really want to go through all of that every single time?

    I don't really understand why everybody praises XBMC. Isn't it just a nicer Microsoft Media Center?

  7. #7
    Registered User setTopbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by BlingOnMyWrist View Post
    Would you really want to go through all of that every single time?

    I don't really understand why everybody praises XBMC. Isn't it just a nicer Microsoft Media Center?
    I'm not overly familiar with MS media center but in terms of format compatibility XBMC is like the VLC of htpc software. There's nothing you can't throw at it that it can't play. If you're just doing divx, then the ps3 is fine, but if you've ripped your DVD collection to a samba share, you can navigate into it click on the .ifo and the iso plays. Even .rm files are usually ok. The plugins are also helpful. That being said I think boxee will take the torch from here with it's wicked hulu support.

 

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News