Video: Sega Unveils Sonic the Hedgehog 4 - Episode I

Sega has unveiled Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I, previously Project Needlemouse, on Gamespot (linked above) which will be downloadable on Sony's PS3, Microsoft's XBox 360 and the Nintendo Wii console.

While the game retains the classic 2D gameplay that made the series great, Sonic 4 will include 3D visuals, and be digitally released over Xbox LIVE Arcade, PlayStation Network, WiiWare and the iPhone.

Due this summer, Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 will take place after Sonic & Knuckles, but is "a brand-new adventure... what you are looking at is the beginning of a new story arc," says associate brand manager, Ken Balough to GameSpot:

"I think the best way to view it is as a first part in a much larger adventure. When Sega released Sonic 3, ultimately it was the part 1 of a story that saw its conclusion in Sonic & Knuckles.

In that same spirit, Sonic the Hedgehog 4 is a bigger story, and this is that first chapter. I think it's also safe to say that by the end of the episode one, fans will be very excited to see what's in store for episode two!"

"We're going to deliver a Genesis-era Sonic game as if it were created today that goes to the core of what classic Sonic fans desire. All the Sonic favorites [are] here for sure!

Spin dash, power sneakers, etc. But you will also see the homing attack added, and in true Sonic fashion, you can compete with your friends for the fastest level times through leaderboards."

Check out the video below and the official site http://www.sega.com/sonic4/us/index.html!

Video: Sega Unveils Sonic the Hedgehog 4 - Episode I

More PlayStation 3 News...

I love how the trailer graciously skips over all the misguided 3D adventures. Never happened. ^_^

I think this will be the first Sonic game since the Genesis days I will really enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by dorienasder View Post
    I love how the trailer graciously skips over all the misguided 3D adventures. Never happened. ^_^

I think this will be the first Sonic game since the Genesis days I will really enjoy.
    I agree, and I think sonic is better without any voice acting involved. Sonic and the secret rings was sorta fun as long as you turned the volume all the way down... But then again it did kinda suck.. bigtime.

Can't wait to play an addition to a original title with original style gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by dorienasder View Post

I liked certain parts of Unleashed's. Up until that werehog garbage pops up. I will check this out though.