Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Video: Nintendo Wii U (Project Cafe) and Launch Games Detailed

Today Nintendo held their http://e3.nintendo.com/ Press Conference and unveiled the upcoming Nintendo Wii U (Project Cafe) console alongside Wii U pictures, launch game details and video footage.

The Wii U controller includes everything from motion sensing to analogue sticks and a touch screen. Wii U will allow gamers to play either on their TV screen, on the controller.. or both.

According to the http://e3.nintendo.com/hw/#/introduction, confirmed Wii U titles include Assassin's Creed, Tekken, DIRT, Darksiders II, Aliens: Colonial Marines, Ghost Recon Online, Metro: Last Night, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge and Batman.

To quote: Discover an exciting new way to enjoy home entertainment with Wii U, Nintendo's next home console. With a revolutionary new touch screen controller, precision motion controls, and full HD graphics, a whole new world of play styles and gaming possibilities is on the horizon. The time is coming to truly expand your idea about what a game console is—and can be.

Wii U Specifications:

Launches: 2012

Size: Approximately 1.8 inches tall, 6.8 inches wide and 10.5 inches long.

New Controller: The new controller incorporates a 6.2-inch, 16:9 touch screen and traditional button controls, including two analog Circle Pads. This combination removes the traditional barriers between games, players and the TV by creating a second window into the video game world. The rechargeable controller includes a Power button, Home button, +Control Pad, A/B/X/Y buttons, L/R buttons and ZL/ZR buttons. It includes a built-in accelerometer and gyroscope, rumble feature, camera, a microphone, stereo speakers, a sensor strip and a stylus.

Other Controls: Up to four Wii Remote™ (or Wii Remote Plus) controllers can be connected at once. The new console supports all Wii™ controllers and input devices, including the Nunchuk™ controller, Classic ControllerTM, Classic Controller ProTM and Wii Balance Board™.

Media: A single self-loading media bay will play 12-centimeter proprietary high-density optical discs for the new console, as well as 12-centimeter Wii optical discs.

Video Output: Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI, component, S-video and composite.

Audio Output: Uses AV Multi Out connector. Six-channel PCM linear output through HDMI.

Storage: The console will have internal flash memory, as well as the option to expand its memory using either an SD memory card or an external USB hard disk drive.

CPU: IBM Power-based multi-core microprocessor.

Other: Four USB 2.0 connector slots are included. The new console is backward compatible with Wii games and Wii accessories.

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

Image1.jpg   Image2.jpg   Image3.jpg   Image4.jpg  

looks nice.

Reminds me of a Sega DreamCast a little

Single-touch screen.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Reminds me of a Sega DreamCast a little
    My thoughts exactly. But with a much larger screen. Also kinda like that cable thing that you could use to connect a GameBoy Advance to a GameCube and get special features in some games like Zelda.

weak, all the hype was for nothing this does not deliver nothing more than the ps3 and xbox 360,this is slightly better Wii with little improved graphics to get close to the 360 and ps3.

waste of money i bet the controller is much more expensive then the console it self lol.

Large touch screen, gyroscope, accelerometer, microphone, 2 speakers, camera - and it's only controller! Nothing new? I don't agree.

Just wait and see how much this controller will set you back with the console. And if you're thinking of doing any local multiplayer, you're going to have to invest in at least two of them.

Actually the tech demos have some pretty hardcore effects I think its quite a powerful system, it'll be a while before we see anything but tech demos though. I like the controller I can think of a few great uses for it even for games like battlefield just to clear up the HUD and stuff not to mention ingame video calling which would be sweet.

And no matter how expensive it costs to build you can be very sure Nintendo are never going to go to market with a 500+ pricetag. Complete backwards compatibility with wii peripherals (wiimotes, balance boards etc) was a great idea.
    Last edited by barrybarryk; 06-07-2011 at 07:11 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Well - I can imagine how "ergonomic" would that controller be after a few hours of the play - holding such brick for longer times would be anything but convenient ... Also - no word of supporting the DVD / BD media which I believe was also bad decission on the original Wii (all PS1, PS2 and PS3 made big change on the market by introducing affordable CD, DVD and BD players at the time in the addition to the console itself) and the "proprietary" high density media disc - bleh! Most probably screwed up BD or something like that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast