Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well not likely screwed up bluray (since they'd still have to pay the license fees for it), I'd prefer it to handle blu rays too but I'm guessing it isn't to cut costs which I can live with. Apparently the controller is very light BUT they've all been show models that are tethered down so most likely don't have a battery in them.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Check out the controller trailer: it made me think that Nintendo might be on to something.

As for the "proprietary" high density media disc, anyone else think it might be HDDVD based? Think about it: a high density already existing format that is dirt cheap to license and readers have otherwise not been made for years (to prevent people from ripping).

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    HDDVD lol no chance, it'll be very similar to what the XBOX360 uses (But not HDDVD) I'd be surprised if it's any different from dual layer DVD's since it has to maintain backwards compatibility.

I think it's definitely a great idea though, any press members that have used it have said it's not as big as it looks and is really comfortable to hold. I loved the silent scope style zapper demo they showed though and obviously HD Zelda. But storage space could be an issue and the online offering needs to change dramatically

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well both BD and HD-DVD can indeed read DVDs so there is no problem ...

Yeah but if you're going to use proprietary discs for games there's no point in paying the license fees for either for the console. It's still early days but unless they announce it plays blu ray movies at some point I'm 99% sure it'll be a DVD drive. It might be a HD console and all that but Nintendo are cheapskates when it comes to shelling out for other folks licenses

Exactly. It will be a DL DVD type disc. Part of what made the Wii successful was the fact that it always cost less than the competing consoles. Early on it wouldn't even play DVD movies and people didn't care. Adding BD playback capabilities will increase the cost of the console substantially. Casual gamers aren't looking for an all encompassing console like the PS3, they just want to play waggle games with friends using an innovative tech.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News