Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Video: More Nintendo Wii NAND Modding

Sponsored Links
    To quote from Bushing's page linked above: ChipD is a lean, mean, solderin' machine -- I have some of these TSOP sockets, and they are really really hard to solder down to a PCB that you actually care about. Also, they tend to melt if you breathe on them -- but maybe that's just me. I really like the way he made that slick cutout panel for the socket.

Beyond soldering a socket in place of the NAND flash chip, he programmed two spare flash chips with dumps from a PAL Wii and an NTSC/J Wii. He converted those two dumps to run on his Wii using an early version of some of my UnbrickMii project code ("betwiin").

No news yet on release plans; it still needs a lot of work, but it's interesting to note that there are absolutely no hardware differences between Wiis from different regions.

<metacafe>1542991</metacafe>

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    so we could actually change the region of our wii with just software. This could be really helpful

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News