Video: Guitar Hero 5 Rockfest Multiplayer Trailer is Available
A new video trailer is available showcasing Guitar Hero 5's new Rockfest Multiplayer in action.
Alongside it are some details from Producer Brian Bright, who http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3175431 it as "a suite of new multiplayer game types in Guitar Hero 5 that can be played individually or in teams."
These different games can be strung together in a "playlist" so that each round of multiplayer involves a different goal. The "Rockfest" games include:
- "Momentum," in which all players start at medium difficulty, which increases with every 20-note streak and decreases with three missed notes.
- "Streakers," in which points are awarded only for consecutive notes in multiples of ten. "One point for the first 10 note streak, two for reaching 20, three for 30, and so on."
- "Perfectionist," in which each section of a song is scored by percentage of correct notes, with the top player receiving four points, the next best player receiving two, and third place receiving one.
- "Do or Die," which knocks a player out for the remainder of a section for missing three notes (otherwise known as the "Not Fun" variant).
- "Elimination," in which low-scoring players are eliminated at regular intervals.
- "Pro Face-Off," which is a basic score competition.