Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Post vBSEO4 Getting Stuck, Can't View Posts or Get to Next Page

Sponsored Links
    If you find that you are unable to view posts or get to the next page (usually in multi-page threads) it is due to vBSEO4 setting a 301 (permanent) redirect link that your browser is storing prior to getting stuck.

If this happens, the simple fix is to clear your browser cache/history. In FireFox this is done by pressing CTRL-Shift-DEL.

Once you have done that and relogged back in, if it happens again (since our last change made) then let us know below, and if you wish to help us troubleshoot this random issue you can grab WireSkark for your PC OS from here: [Register or Login to view links]

Once installed, fire it up it will ask you to install Winpcap if you don't have that on your PC ([Register or Login to view links]) and so download and install that.

Then restart WireShark and go to Capture > Interfaces and select Start. Now, reload the page that your browser hangs on by pressing the next page button link. It should kick you back to the current page, of course.

Once you do that, WireShark will display a log of the packets sent from your PC to the server and those received back. Next go to Capture > Stop and stop the logging. Then go to File > Save As and save the log as username.pcap to your desktop under your UserName here.

Once you have the file you can send it to me via ps3newscom AT gmail.com and we will examine what the browser is doing with the latest change made. Do not post any logs here for security reasons.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps us troubleshoot this random issue, and remember not to send any logs until you first clear your current browser cache/history because otherwise it could still contain the 301 redirect before the last change made on the server side.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Linux user, cannot help more than explain

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well at least we know it happens in Linux, as CJPC uses Linux also and it has never happened to him yet... so he's been making changes while I am the guinea pig up to this point basically.

Thanks for the confirmation Bartholomy and +Rep!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Could be correlated to firefox 7.0.1? Maybe Opera is better? I hope more users will help

The problem occurred to me before and I use google chrome, I just emptied all my cache and it worked fine. So the problem can't be from Firefox.

Okok

It should be fixed if you guys just clear your cache so that all the history of the old pages is gone for your history and it will work, that is what I did and I quit having issues.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News