View Poll Results: Upgrade to vBulletin 4 or Stay How We Are?

Voters
1079. You may not vote on this poll
  • Upgrade to vBulletin 4

480 44.49%
  • Stay How We Are

318 29.47%
  • No Opinion/Preference or Don't Care

281 26.04%
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Leave it as it is!!!

We definitely wouldn't be able to implement the Activity/Longevity bars in vB4 oVERSoLDiER... they actually took a heck of a lot of modding (literally days we spent on them) to get them working in vB3 which is what they are meant to work in stock but due to how super-messed up their code is it was an utter nightmare.

As for the UserGroup classes, if you like those then YES we could keep those if enough people feel the same way.

+Rep to you and Night Hawk.

I think it's not the moment to move to Vbulletin4 now ;but i prefer this upgrade.
    With all post send each hour ; it will be an enormous work.
    Just stand a better moment to do that

I think you have so good points there over soldier..whatever happens boss i will still rate this site high as for sure...addicted to see what will happen next for ps3 breaking/payloads/etc etc...
    thanks for the great site mate..

its a close race...LOL
    Last edited by elser1; 11-19-2010 at 07:54 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm really torn on this one. As far as the "slow news" post yes this could be better but could be other ways around this i.e. more people that can edit and approve the news?

But on the other hand Blogs would be a nice as you would not have to set up a new forum as people need them.

Activity/Longevity meters in Forum posts would go. would miss that too.

I like the site the way it is. Although sometimes a change is good.

Appreciate the feedback atlask2 and barbnjason and MattStA +Rep x3!

Believe it or not, we've modded the current news system (which started out as a Digg clone 2-3 years ago when we first added it) as much as we can.

Short of recoding it from scratch, which is not something CJPC considers an option since he's the one who would have to do it, there is no hope to "mod" it to allow more people to edit etc short of making them full-fledged Administrators which (as you can guess) presents a giant risk so we don't feel comfortable doing that... which brings us back to "keep it how it is" or "upgrade" pretty much, which is what CJPC said.

Quote Originally Posted by barbnjason View Post
    I'm really torn on this one. As far as the "slow news" post yes this could be better but could be other ways around this i.e. more people that can edit and approve the news?

But on the other hand Blogs would be a nice as you would not have to set up a new forum as people need them.

Activity/Longevity meters in Forum posts would go. would miss that too.
    Yep, agree with you. It can be a mess if anybody can post News at the mainpage and maybe put the quality down of this site. But a blog and good written news, which are shown faster would be better.

I think if we get on vBulletin 4, we can add one by one addon to it. undecided what I choose.

I say test it and see how it goes.. if you have to revert back then so be it.

PS: I like the site the way it is lol

I am in two minds about this.

I hate change for the sake of "change". I believe change must only done based on valid reasons.

Although, (like oVERSoLDiER said) this will mean a lot of initial work, if this will ease the future workload of the moderators (and specifically your's BOSS who spends 23 hours a day here to moderate), then I give it a huge go-ahead! We will have to learn how the new interface works, but we had to do that in any case on this forum.

I have seen other forums though on vBulliten 4 and some looks like unorganised chaos! Our site currently is very clean and easy to navigate and find stuff. I would sincerely miss all the features mentioned. TBH, repping is kinda a big deal with alotta guys around here and it refers to commitment and value added on the forum as opposed to some who just want to type something for the sake of typing and the there are some that have worked hard to achieve certain classes in the usergroups. I think of evilsperm, bitsbubba, floppsy, deanrr, drizzt and a load more guys who deserve to be recognised!

I'm leaning slightly towards staying, but irrespective the outcome, I will respect the decision made.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast