Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

View Poll Results: Upgrade to vBulletin 4 or Stay How We Are?

Voters
1079. You may not vote on this poll
  • Upgrade to vBulletin 4

480 44.49%
  • Stay How We Are

318 29.47%
  • No Opinion/Preference or Don't Care

281 26.04%
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I've not read all 10 pages but i would try and keep it the same as I believe in the old saying if it ain't broke don't fix it. If the news issue is such a big problem could you not create a pending news section which you could then easily move to the news section if its approved?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I voted- leave it as is. BUT...if v4 bulletin does not mess up my browsing experience with minefield( a 64 bit firefox browser) then I would say go for it. But this is just me.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The current version works fine but everything needs to be organized in a much better manner. Payloads should each have their own dedicated sticky thread. PL3, Hermes, etc along with all Backup Mangers (OM isn't even stuck so you have to dig for it).

I always thought the layout over at Xbox Scene was pretty intuitive, especially to noobs. And really, if you make the site easier for noobs to navigate, then it makes it easier on everyone else to use as the noobs won't be getting in everyone's way.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Like others have said the site is pretty organized and its easy to find what your looking for but then again the news is pretty slow. I'm 50/50 on this.

I vote to stay on vb 3.8, we don't need speed news, we need trusted news! But I think more moderators could speed things and help make the site even better.

Quote Originally Posted by whinis View Post
    As to my earlier porting code, I meant 2 seperate databases so that the old and the new can sit beside each other until we determine the V4 is right for us. Thats what I did with my forum when I went from v1.0.9 to 2.0.0. I told my users to go to xxx.com/forum for the old and xxx.com/forum2 for the new forum and for them to tell me what they like.
    We could, one of the problems- search engines, multiple different links for identical content gets them quite confused, furthermore even the level of work to just get that far is a bit high. Not so much installing something from scratch, but even porting in our baseline hacks to VB, let alone porting in the entire frontpage database.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckluka View Post
    Upgrade!

And if you need some help. I am awesome in PHP. I can upgrade it to vBulletin4.0 for free(Nulled Script) and flawlessly!
    Thanks - however we must keep things legal - VB makes decent software, it helps to support the developers of it!

Quote Originally Posted by PSPSwampy View Post
    There wasn't an option for this, but i'd vote for a limited beta test of PS3NEWS on vb4 (although i think vb4 is pay-for forum software isn't it? so this might be pointless, if you pay you're GOING to update! lol)

Personally i found the last change a real strain, i very nearly moved elsewhere - but i'm glad i stuck with the best ps3 news site around!
    Thanks - but of course, as I said above, a limited beta may be a bad idea, but perhaps we could do something, really not sure. The problem becomes (with dual databases), once we decide what we are going to do, one of them needs to die, and if NEW posts are different, things get very, very messy.

Stay for now, the new interface is kind of blah

stay here, i like the way it is now

Change is good A few markup edits would make it a nice looking forum!

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    We could, one of the problems- search engines, multiple different links for identical content gets them quite confused, furthermore even the level of work to just get that far is a bit high. Not so much installing something from scratch, but even porting in our baseline hacks to VB, let alone porting in the entire frontpage database.

Thanks - however we must keep things legal - VB makes decent software, it helps to support the developers of it!

Thanks - but of course, as I said above, a limited beta may be a bad idea, but perhaps we could do something, really not sure. The problem becomes (with dual databases), once we decide what we are going to do, one of them needs to die, and if NEW posts are different, things get very, very messy.
    I agree one of them will have to die however we can have a month long " Which do you like" drive in which the 3.8 will be for news and 4.0 will be for test only. This means all we will have to database copy is the user table ( and others, not familiar with VB database) and it will have its own post and you can add to the headers the do not archive code so that search engines won't get confused. You could also give everyone on the 4.0 say senior rank so that all features can be tested and a true result can be reached.

Then after people decide whether they like 4.0 or 3.8 better we can make a permanent switch or not. All that would have to be done is nuking the bad database( after back-up) and transferring data or lack there of if we decide to stay.

Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News