Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Unusual evo dash x problem...

Sponsored Links
    my xbox wont read my backup dvdr games. It will read regular audio cds and original xbox games but for some reason it has stopped reading my backup games. I dont remember which version of evo dash x I have but if someone here needs me to provide it so they can help me I can always check.

I have auto launch dvd, game and data set to yes and still no avail. When i try to run the game through file explorer it wont read whats in the contents of D:/ drive. Strangely enough my BAED emulator disc runs fine. I doubt i deleted or altered anything because im the only one that has access to my xbox.

In any case I would install another custom dash but I have two questions? Can I do it from a dvdr and do I need to format everything on the hdd if I upgrade evo dash x or install another custom dash?

sorry for the dp but i dont see an edit button and i actually have unleash x
    Last edited by crazelunatic; 08-17-2009 at 05:29 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Smile

Sponsored Links
    You can see the evo x version at the bottom right of your screen

i use original skin to see it

if i not wrong, the last version is 3935

for more precision, can you say

xbox version (1.0, 1.2, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6)

xbox drive model (samsung, thomson, philips) you can know what model like this

thomson

philips

samsung

and if your xbox have a modchip or not.

Edit: Sorry, forgot HITACHI/LG drive
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

thomson.jpg   philips.jpg   samsung.jpg   hitachi_lg.jpg  

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have unleash x and the thompson drive. After googling some things Ive read that the thompson drive doesnt read dvd+r. Oddly enough though when I reinstalled unleash x it recognizes the dvd+r and will even play some of them at some point. I didnt even realize this was a problem till I looked it up cause before my thompson drive would read dvd+r with no problem.

There's even an option in unleashx to check extended dvd media with the thompson drive. It will read and play my dvd-r but sometimes it will have problems recognizing theres anything in the drive or it will do like the dvd+r and will freeze or randomly reset...? I just want to know why my thompson drive worked with all media in the first place and now maybe three years into the consoles life (i bought it refurbished) its giving problems ive never had before...?

the Thompson drive is the worst of the 3 drives in the original xbox, have you changes anything in your set up recently, ie media, burning method, etc.

also it could be your drive is going out if your xbox is having trouble reading games.

I have several games on memorex dvd+r and giga something dvd+r. My xbox will read black which is on giga something dvd+R and it will read the memorex's but will show up wit some random message like the disc is dirty or damaged (Its very clean) or it will reset back to unleash x. In any case i got another xbox for cheap but im kinda hoping the one I got has a dvd drive other than the thompson. Theres no real way to get the seller to tell me what dvd drive the original xbox there selling me has. Im assuming the thompson drive xbox's are the first generation ones right?
    Last edited by crazelunatic; 08-22-2009 at 04:45 PM

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by crazelunatic View Post
    I have unleash x and the thompson drive. After googling some things Ive read that the thompson drive doesnt read dvd+r. Oddly enough though when I reinstalled unleash x it recognizes the dvd+r and will even play some of them at some point. I didnt even realize this was a problem till I looked it up cause before my thompson drive would read dvd+r with no problem.

There's even an option in unleashx to check extended dvd media with the thompson drive. It will read and play my dvd-r but sometimes it will have problems recognizing theres anything in the drive or it will do like the dvd+r and will freeze or randomly reset...? I just want to know why my thompson drive worked with all media in the first place and now maybe three years into the consoles life (i bought it refurbished) its giving problems ive never had before...?
    you can see the unleash x version in parameter system section

for your problem, i cant say exactly how is the cause and how you can fix it

i think maybe you can fix it with flash drive

see xbins to download flash tool for your drive and latest version of unleash x

just to give you a quick solution..

use DVD-, make sure your book-type is DVD-ROM, and give your drive laser a good cleaning.

precautions
    i know from experience the thompsom drive is crappy, so its best to take precautions against that

Smile

Honestly, I don't think the cause is the dashboard.. i concil you many solutions:

1. try to flash drive firmware
    2. change model drive

personally, i have two xbox with one have thomson.

i have the lasr unleash x and use drive only for dump games i have.
    you understand i play games on hdd, never drive used for playing game.

i hope anyway you can found why about your problem and use again

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News