Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 53 of 66 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The LCUDv3 doesnt work for me i thought in runs on homebrew i have a mod chip set to auto-boot the blue light blinks on the mod chip then stops do i need anything on the sd card my wii is 4.2u

The LCUDv3 doesnt work for me i thought in runs on homebrew i have a mod chip set to auto-boot the blue light blinks on the mod chip then stops do i need anything on the sd card my wii is 4.2u and i soft mod my wii before to play back-ups
    Last edited by claus dog; 01-08-2010 at 03:17 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

am i screwed?

Sponsored Links
    Hi, I have a question.. I am confused to what the trusha bug is.

I have used wad manager before to install wii ware and i read on a site that the wad manager relys on a trusha enabled ios to work so do i have the trusha bug installed?

my system menu is 4.0eur btw.. i have homebrew channel installed and i think i installed a cios to run backup discs
    I had just used a downgrade manager to go back to 4.0 from 3.2 and this uninstalled preloader so i effectivly bricked my wii when i was trying to install a theme.

is there any hope for me with UUDv4?

p.s. I dont have any sort of modchip installed either

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    Sry guys for the long delay.But the next dayes a few real good things should come.First i updated the RescueMii-Core (renamed Custom System IOS´s) and now thx to the new cDIP plugin from the 249 v16 we have DVD DL working via softmod AND via Rescue Menu

Then heads up...i have a full working dump of cIOS249v16 AND cIOS250v16 available as installable .wad.

Working like a animal i also have a new way of installing our CCFW (community custom fw) available.More easyer then before

We will have a new Theme with new Custom Menu hacks done by DVBisOK and a little bit of fw hacking by my self.

If you ask you if this guy is crazy then i say...yes.At time i working on hacking the systemmenu .tmd to get a FULL .wad installation including pre-installed priiloader possible.And i moddified priiloader a little bit by my self.But this time only text editing to mach our CCFW.

At least i will release 2 version of the new hack pack.A low version and a full version.The full version will be at least in size of over 1GB !!!

Becouse for pal user i have included over 170 Game Channels for direct USB booting of games via Custom Menu.No need of any extra channel to boot your games

Uhmmm...jop the other things i will tell you guys at release but for sure i also have updated the Rescue discs.

-StayTuned- cfwprpht

Quote Originally Posted by greeky View Post
    When using the GC controller to go into recovery mode . And i know the savemii does the same thing , is it worth a go in buying a savemii just to see if it helps or am i wasting my money.
    Since your first sentence is incomplete I don't know whether savemiifrii is now working for you or not, but in both cases I don't think buying savemii will improve your situation.

Quote Originally Posted by ARobinso0502 View Post
    I'm looking for direction... my device current state:

remote will turn on device... once device is on, there is only a black screen... other noticiables: if there is a disk in the drive, I can hear it spin on start... if I eject the disk and insert one, there is no disk spin-up... on start with a disk in the drive you can tell the difference in spin from a DL or not (i belief)...

my device originally had the Bootmii on it on boot2... i attempted to test a DL and was not successful (no trucha)... in attempting to make the fix, i installed RAR which instructed to install SYSTEMMENU/preloader which wacked my device in that I was doing my install from a SD/XD card that during installation since I was originally on 4.0u and was able to read the card, the install downgraded something that limited access... in repair to this issue, i purchased a 2G SD card and ran the following fix in a attempt to fix my banner brick, UNBRICKMII_NTSC_RAR... I'm of the opinion that the fix was applied (really unsure)... what i do know, that the (-) was pressed for the uninstall of SYSTEMMENU and PRELOADER... once this was notice the (+) was used to install both and the system manually rebooted... upon start the screen on has a black screen... the GC mod has been tried but nothing appears on the screen...

please help... all that i can speak for that was done to-date:
    bootmii installed, status unknown or replaced by systemmenu
    systemmenu installed, status accidentally removed and re-installed (functionallity not verified due to black screen)
    original NAND, backed-up
    power on then reset, status not functioning
    GC mod, status not functioning

please provide best course of action to repair/apply fix to device... in reading this thread, i have not seen the BLACK SCREEN fix (sorry if i missed something)... definitely, I have read great stories about the following fixes: BANNER, 303, IOS30
    Sounds like you butchered your System Menu. Are you sure you installed the correct version? Since you have a NAND backup, your best bet is bootmii, if you had installed it in boot2. Check if you have a bootmii folder on your SD card or somewhere on your PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by herode10 View Post
    A friend of mine just both a new WII console with FW 4.2U. We had it softmodded using Amarokz Softmod Wii 4.2 Guide v1.1. I suggested him to download the LCUDv3 and install the following IOSes in the pack:

cIOS36-cfwprpht-v3.6.wad
    cIOS30-cfwprpht-v3.5.wad
    cIOS50-cfwprhpt-v3.5.wad
    cIOS60-cfwprhpt-v3.5.wad
    cIOS70-cfwprhpt-v3.5.wad

We did not install Startpatch at that time to disable the Disk and online update.

Everything was working just fine until he decided to play the original Sport Resort disk. At that moment he had the update message in the game channel. Eventhough he would remove the disk, the Homebrew channel or Neogamma channel would not work anymore;when the channel was selected it would start then immediately return to the main menu.

Since the console was bought the same day, he decided to take the chance to update and if it brick he would simply return the console to the store. The update went through without problem and everything is back to normal.

Can this behavior be explained?
    Sounds really strange, but it's easily avoided if you do add the patches to block official updates. If a game is not running, it may need an additional IOS, which you can add with DOP IOS Mod or NUS Downloader + WAD Manager.
    Quote Originally Posted by inee View Post
    i restarted wii, got to the health warning screen, press A, then black screen--banner brick.

so i get gamecube controller, press all 4 buttons, get to a black screen that says 3.2 (US) at the bottom. then i get an original new super mario brothers disc and insert it and after a couple of minutes i see the wii channels "slide appear then disappear" and black screen again. i reset the console and go into recovery again to see my NEW firmware is 4.1 (US). so new super mario brothers updated my firmware but didnt recover my console because i still am in a banner brick.

what now? i tried downloading all sorts of recovery discs that didnt work and tried putting all sorts of software in the SD card that didnt work either.

i have no idea what trucha bug is, dont have modchip, dont have savemii (but have savemiifrii). HELP!!!
    Sorry, you updated your firmware to 4.1. Not only is that no solution for a banner brick, it also removed the trucha bug, which you'd need to boot any homebrew recovery disc. If you had preloader previously, it was removed by the update as well. So without bootmii in boot2 you're screwed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toolfreak View Post
    Hello, i had a softmodded Wii (using the simplistic mod guide) that worked well for a while. One day i turned on my wii and all i had was a black screen. I was able to get into preloader, from there i got into wad manager and installed Ios7064v6687.wad, then Systemmenu-nus-v481.wad, and then the rest of the IOS that came along in the package to upgrade to 4.2u. (9,11,12,13...60,61). and now i only have the black screen...i can get into the recovery menu, but from there i cannot boot anything, not even original discs. Any ideas that could help? thanks a lot in advance.
    Perhaps you should have used nandclean to remove any preloader hacks before installing a new system menu, but of course I don't know what exactly caused your brick. If you had installed cfwprophet's IOS70 instead of the official one, you could now boot UUDv4, but like this I don't know what you can still do. By installing the System Menu WAD, you removed preloader. So now you can't boot discs and don't have preloader. Doesn't sound too good, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by claus dog View Post
    The LCUDv3 doesnt work for me i thought in runs on homebrew i have a mod chip set to auto-boot the blue light blinks on the mod chip then stops do i need anything on the sd card my wii is 4.2u and i soft mod my wii before to play back-ups
    You don't need anything on the SD card, if you have a mod chip and the disc does not boot this either means you don't have the trucha bug in IOS70, in which you can forget the whole matter, or you didn't burn a proper DVD (DVD-R, Verbatim brand for best results, burn at low speed).
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedn View Post
    Hi, I have a question.. I am confused to what the trusha bug is.

I have used wad manager before to install wii ware and i read on a site that the wad manager relys on a trusha enabled ios to work so do i have the trusha bug installed?

my system menu is 4.0eur btw.. i have homebrew channel installed and i think i installed a cios to run backup discs
    I had just used a downgrade manager to go back to 4.0 from 3.2 and this uninstalled preloader so i effectivly bricked my wii when i was trying to install a theme.

is there any hope for me with UUDv4?

p.s. I dont have any sort of modchip installed either
    So downgrading to 3.2 worked, correct? I ask because newer Wiis come with boot2v4, which is incompatible to old IOSes, so downgrading alone may brick those Wiis.

If you did restart after the downgrade and it worked with 3.2 and the brick occured later when you installed the theme, you may still have a chance.

The trucha bug you used for wad manager is in a different IOS than you need it to boot homebrew discs. For that, you must have it in the system IOS. Good news is that if you completed the downgrade, you probably have it.

What you're lacking is probably the ability to read burned discs in recovery mode. You can try buying a solderless chip like the drivekey. When I had a bricked Wii, I bought a drivekey, built it in and could run UUDv4. But only because I already had trucha in my system IOS. Afterward you can install cfwprophet's custom system IOS and remove the drivekey and resell it.

Quote Originally Posted by cfwprophet View Post
    Sry guys for the long delay.But the next dayes a few real good things should come.First i updated the RescueMii-Core (renamed Custom System IOS´s) and now thx to the new cDIP plugin from the 249 v16 we have DVD DL working via softmod AND via Rescue Menu
    That sounds interesting. Does the new cDIP by any chance allow autobooting SSBB to use Smash Stack?
    If you ask you if this guy is crazy then i say...yes.At time i working on hacking the systemmenu .tmd to get a FULL .wad installation including pre-installed priiloader possible.And i moddified priiloader a little bit by my self.But this time only text editing to mach our CCFW.
    I'm no friend of pre-/priiloader, but I'll play around with this on my bootmii/boot2 wii when you release it.

Becouse for pal user i have included over 170 Game Channels for direct USB booting of games via Custom Menu.No need of any extra channel to boot your games
    When you say "Custom Menu", do you mean a homebrew with nand emulation like triiforce or just installing the forwarder channels to the normal system menu? I'm tired of running out of room for channels, I'd really like an additional menu that looks just like the normal system menu, just with more room. Like the menu for channels moved to SD, but with fully displaying the channel openings.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to you new release! Great work!
    Last edited by cfwprophet; 01-12-2010 at 07:34 PM Reason: Very,very Bad misstake.Should go to bed.SRY

Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by dorienasder
    That sounds interesting. Does the new cDIP by any chance allow autobooting SSBB to use Smash Stack?
    YES !! I already have tryed to boot and play ssbb DL version via RM and it work like a charm.Now i have to get the NTSC version to test the smash stack exploit.
    I'm no friend of pre-/priiloader, but I'll play around with this on my bootmii/boot2 wii when you release it.
    Well i couldnt belive to say that but preloader is SAVE !!

I loocked at the file sys and how prelaoder works.So first preloader is placed as the sysmenu executeable the 00000008.app >> 00000046.APP and renamed the sm to 10000046.APP.A .tmd hase a bootflag so that the console knows wich of the whole .elf´s to execute.In case that preloader is placed on the sysmenu it WILL be executed every time you start your console.With a settings.ini placed in the same slot (00000002) but in a additional data folder the preloader knows if it should boot BootMii_IOS, Homebrew_Channel, System_Menu, Preloader itself or a Installed file.

This installed file is .dol/.elf also placed in the same slot in the data folder.Same like for the hacks.ini and hacks_s.ini.So preloader does not hard write the hacks into the sysmenu.It also hase a fake/hacked ticket placed in the same slot.If you want to boot the sysmenu or something else, preloader give the sys the hacked.ticket to read and identify it self as MASTER.Then reload the HBC,BootMii_IOS or call the sysmenu executeable 10000046.app to be executed.

In a speciall case this is the same way bootmii works.And for what i have read crediar got the fake/hacked .ticket from marcan or bushing i dont remember at time. (so tired) As i said it the same way as bootmii works.I locked into the bm_ios and found also a fake ticket in the .wad.The code is diff but i dont know why to time.Actually i finished the .wad install of cIOS 249,250-v16 today.Now i need a little rest and then i start testing with hacked sysmenu´s and bootmii_ios with changed bootflag, added files and such stuff

But with bootmii as boot2 you dont need preloader.Preloader is for non-hackable boot2 Wii´s.So then you have the same effect.Executing a little os before system menu.
    When you say "Custom Menu", do you mean a homebrew with nand emulation like triiforce or just installing the forwarder channels to the normal system menu? I'm tired of running out of room for channels, I'd really like an additional menu that looks just like the normal system menu, just with more room. Like the menu for channels moved to SD, but with fully displaying the channel openings.
    No its a hard mod one.Original Hacked FW.With the displaying of channels this would be great.For what i have found out the last days such things will be defined truth a Java Script .js files.Also what will be displayed in the settings is hardcoded into a java script.The same for how often the settings menu can swap.So...im not sure but maybe its possible to hack the .js and set a higher count for the swapping in normal menu.

I call it Custom Menu becouse it is one!The theme from DVBisOK is just amazing and also hacked some .js files to give the settings menu a new look.So im not depending on doing a whole new Menu (even not that i could write one) becouse with normal ways, like it is to time, its not possible for me.You would have to install to NAND or emulate it with Triiforce or similär app.But to time im busy with this things.When i have finished my projects i will go on and test the nand emulation of the CCFW.And im hunting for the FW branding
    Anyways, I'm looking forward to you new release! Great work!
    I hope it will be soon.

But with bootmii as boot2 you dont need preloader.Preloader is for non-hackable boot2 Wii´s.So then you have the same effect.Executing a little os before system menu.
    I know, I just want to try it first with a Wii that has bootmii, just to be on the safe side.

I'm really suspicious of preloader, but if it's really safe now that is great news.

First i post my coment in your post then when i have everything restored my comp is crashing and i cant restore it now

SRY plz dont kill me.
    Heh, nearly didn't notice that you nuked my rather long post above by accident.

Fortunately I still have the text (I use a Firefox addon that saves every form input in case of data loss), but I can't edit my posts. Can you copy the below into its old place and remove it from this post? Thank you.
    Last edited by cfwprophet; 01-12-2010 at 07:33 PM

Unhappy WII 3.4U NTSC Bricked while updating to 4.1

HI All,

I have HBC installed using twilite hack, I have CiosCorp V3.4U on it and i was successful to install bootmii as IOS whenever i start my wii i was getting system menu, i was using IOS249 and IOS36 to install Wad files.

Now I have Bricked my WII while updating, last thing i did is i got error while patching IOS60-patched.wad i got error and continued to installed other files at the end like RVL-bc-v5.wad, RVL-mios-v9.wd, RVL-WiiSystemmenu-v448.wad after this i pressed home key on my wiimote it came out to homebrew channel and got hanged i forced restart the wii now no Signal and Blank Screen. I have Bricked my WII, I dont have GC COntroller. No Modchip nothing, i had softmoded my WII.

Please kindly someone suggest me what to do.
    Please give me a link to where i can find GCController to purchase.

Thanks In Advance To you all for your loyal support without you guys nothing.
    I Appriciate your talent and hard work to save people like us.

Thank You.

You can get GC gamepads off amazon.com or pretty much everywhere else. I don't think it will help at all, though.

A wii needs a system IOS and a system menu to work, and they have to match.

Here's what you did:
    1. You were on 3.4U. This means you had system menu v385, which needs IOS50 as a system IOS.
    2. You tried to install IOS60, the system IOS for system menu 4.0 and 4.1. It didn't work for some reason. This is the point where you should have stopped!
    3. You installed system menu v448, which is for 4.1J and needs IOS60 as a system IOS.

Let's recap: You installed a system menu for a Japanese Wii on an US Wii - that alone is worth a semi-brick. But you didn't even install the necessary system IOS, resulting in a deep fullbrick. I'm sorry, your Wii is FUBAR.
    Last edited by dorienasder; 01-15-2010 at 02:11 PM

hey guys i was just wondering if i burn all the files on to a dvd or just the boot mii disc thanks in advance and will this work on a wii with wii key

Quote Originally Posted by tryme24 View Post
    hey guys i was just wondering if i burn all the files on to a dvd or just the boot mii disc thanks in advance
    and will this work on a wii with wii key
    You don't burn all these files on a DVD, you download UUDv4.part001.rar and UUDv4.part002.rar, then you unpack UUDv4.part001.rar (part 2 gets unpacked with it automatically). This results in an UUDv4.iso file. You burn this with ImgBurn or Nero or whatever. The important thing is, you don't burn a DVD with the iso file on it, but you burn the contents of the iso file to the DVD. Most burn software has a function called "image to disc" or similar that accomplishes this. If you need LCUDv3, you do the same thing with LCUDv3.part001.rar and LCUDv3.part002.rar. If neither UUDv4 or LCUDv3 work for you, the older ones probably won't, too.

Your Wiikey will not stop the discs from working, but it alone is not sufficient for them to work. To use these discs, you need three things:

1. The ability to boot burned discs, either through a cDIP module in your system IOS or a drivechip. Your Wiikey handles this, so you're good to go on this point.
    2. The ability to boot homebrew discs. For that, you need a system IOS with the trucha bug. This means either your firmware is old enough (3.2 or older, I think) or you have a newer firmware and patched your system IOS at some point. If you don't have a system IOS with trucha, you will never be able to boot homebrew discs, even with a drivechip!
    3. Access to the recovery mode. You must enter recovery mode to boot these discs, they won't boot if you just put them in and start your wii.

For UUDv4, you additionally need IOS249 installed for WAD manager. If you don't have that, you can use LCUDv3 to install it.

Sponsored Links

Page 53 of 66 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News