Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 51 of 66 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckieTom View Post
    Hi everyone,

I did an upgrade earlier tonight from 3.2U to Waninkoko 4.0 system menu update and after restarting, I got the black screen. The dvd drive seem to respond but the wiimote doesnt work. However, if I turn the Wii completely off, the power button on the wiimote will respond and turn the Wii on. However after a few seconds, it the LEDs will all blink (not respond).

I do not have a mod chip on my system. I tried the mod gc control method to see if I can get any result but it still didnt work as well. I downloaded all the Unbrick Disc files from the 1st post from this forum and those didnt seem to work.

HELP GUYS. Anyone with any solution, please let me know.

I forgot to add on my last post that I created a NAND backup for my Wii through Bootmii IOS. I have it saved on my PC too. My system was manufactured in 2008.

So the big question is.. how do i get from a black screen without being able to see the recovery menu to recovery my console with the NAND I have backed up?

Any help is deeply appreciated
    Thanks
    With 4.2 Nintendo introduced a stubbed IOS60 without any functionality. IOS60 was the system IOS for 4.0 and 4.1. If you use old tutorials and tools to update to 4.0 or 4.1, you will brick your Wii because they download the newest version of IOS60 (which is now a stub). And your Wii can not work with a stubbed system IOS.

Recovery mode will not help you, you need a system IOS to boot discs. You also can't use recovery mode to restore your nand backup, you must have misunderstood something. The only ways to restore your nand are by having bootmii in boot2 (which you haven't) or buying nand flasher hardware, e.g. an infectus chip.
    Last edited by dorienasder; 12-29-2009 at 02:13 PM

Sponsored Links

Trouble getting into recovery mode

Sponsored Links
    Hi All. I have a wii that was a 4.2u FW. I tried to softmod it using Crash Overide's Kit v11. It downgraded my system to 3.2u and all was well until I tried to update it to 4.0u the .wad that was contained in the kit. It said it was sucessful, and that it was exiting, but it did not reboot. I manualy rebooted and got the "Black Screen of Death".

I have read through all of these posts. My problem right now is that I cannot get my Wii into the recovery Menu. I have modded my GC controller, it does not take me to the recovery menu. Do you have to hold the D-Pad for a certain amount of time? I have tried multiple ways of doing this. I boot it up while holding the D-Pad, I wait till after I press power, I have waited to press the D-Pad until between the noises.

Any help on getting me into Recovery Menu? Also I don't know anyone with a Wii to test my GC controller on to make sure it works. Thanks in Advance

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by herode10 View Post
    Big thanks dorienasder!

It worked like a charm. After I got into recovery mode, the WadManager loads itseft automatically when I insert the UUD.
    If I ever go into a brick again, is there any specific Wad I have to install to unbrick it or will it depend on what was done when it brick.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tarciryan View Post
    Hi All. I have a wii that was a 4.2u FW. I tried to softmod it using Crash Overide's Kit v11. It downgraded my system to 3.2u and all was well until I tried to update it to 4.0u the .wad that was contained in the kit. It said it was sucessful, and that it was exiting, but it did not reboot. I manualy rebooted and got the "Black Screen of Death".

I have read through all of these posts. My problem right now is that I cannot get my Wii into the recovery Menu. I have modded my GC controller, it does not take me to the recovery menu. Do you have to hold the D-Pad for a certain amount of time? I have tried multiple ways of doing this. I boot it up while holding the D-Pad, I wait till after I press power, I have waited to press the D-Pad until between the noises.

Any help on getting me into Recovery Menu? Also I don't know anyone with a Wii to test my GC controller on to make sure it works. Thanks in Advance
    That sounds suspiciously like the same problem DuckieTom has, i.e. you have a stub IOS60 from your 4.2 firmware and going to 4.0 bricked your Wii because 4.0 uses IOS60 as system IOS. Not much you can do I'm afraid. Unless you have bootmii in boot2, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by herode10 View Post
    If I ever go into a brick again, is there any specific Wad I have to install to unbrick it or will it depend on what was done when it brick.

Thanks
    It really depends on how you brick the Wii. If you install a bad channel wad, you boot UUD and use WAD manager to uninstall it. Problem solved. If you somehow corrupt your system menu (failed preloader install, failed custom theme install), you can use NUS Downloader to get a new system menu wad and install it with UUD.

dorienasder.. when i first insert the sd card into my wii then turn it on, it sends me to boot 2 screen. if it wasn't for those files in the sd card it would be just a black screen... this wii i am not able to do the recovery mode to find out what version it is... now i do have a bootmii folder but doesn't have the those two files. it has armboot bin and a ppcboot.elf, dont know what they are.. i do have a nand bin. file saved on my desktop computer?

Thanks dorienasder for replying to my post.

You mentioned a system IOS to boot disc. Where can I get that and how do I use it? I understand that I cant use the recovery mode to restore my nand. Since I have boot IOS and not boot2, its pretty much pointless where I am at. I was hoping for a way I could get my system to enter the recovery mode, uninstall the WAD file that corrupted the system, and go on from there.

Please let me know.

Tarciryan i noticed you have the same problem I did. I updated to Waninkoko System Menu 4.0.wad i found online, i used Wad Manager to install with network installation and black screen after reboot. If you by any chance get your system to work, please let me know. Ill do the same if anything comes up on my end.

Goodluck
    Last edited by DuckieTom; 12-30-2009 at 08:40 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by dredog100 View Post
    dorienasder.. when i first insert the sd card into my wii then turn it on, it sends me to boot 2 screen. if it wasn't for those files in the sd card it would be just a black screen... this wii i am not able to do the recovery mode to find out what version it is... now i do have a bootmii folder but doesn't have the those two files. it has armboot bin and a ppcboot.elf, dont know what they are.. i do have a nand bin. file saved on my desktop computer?
    Keep your cool, you are really close to unbricking your Wii.

You have bootmii in boot2. That is the best brick protection there is, and we can probably unbrick your Wii whether you have a nand backup or not.

I propose three phases:

I. Finding out whether you have a complete nand backup.
    II. Creating a backup of your current state.
    III. Unbricking your Wii

It may be more steps than really necessary, but let's play it safe. If you feel lucky, just skip to phase III.

I'll walk you through it.

I. Finding out whether you have a complete nand backup.

The files nand.bin and keys.bin are not in the bootmii folder, where you seem to have looked for them. They should be in the root of your sd card. Check again if they are there.

Did I understand correctly that you do have a nand.bin file on your PC? I'm not sure because you have question marks behind that sentence. If you have a nand.bin on your PC, is it ca. 512mb big? Do you have a keys.bin, too?

If you do have a nand.bin, create a folder on your PC where you keep your documents. Call it "WII_NAND_OLD" or something like that. Move your nand.bin and there, and also your keys.bin. If you only have a nand.bin and no keys.bin, don't worry, we will create a keys.bin in the next phase.

If you don't have a nand.bin after all, it's no biggy. Move now on to the next phase.

II. Creating a backup of your current state.

Why would you want a backup of a wii system that's bricked? Just to make sure you can return to where you are now in case the situation somehow gets worse.

The point of phase I was to move an existing nand backup from your SD card to your PC, because if it is on your SD card, it will be overwritten by the next steps. Make sure you have more than 512mb free space on your SD card (if your old nand.bin is still on there, it will be overwritten, so you don't need more free space in that case). Well, now do the following:

1. Insert your SD card into your Wii.
    2. Turn your Wii on, you should be in bootmii.
    3. Select the 4th (last) symbol with the cogs.
    4. Select the symbol which has an arrow from the chip to the SD card.
    5. Follow the instructions on screen and wait patiently while a backup of your nand is created and verified.

Afterwards insert your SD card into your PC, create a new folder on your hard drive called "WII_NAND_BRICKED" or similar and copy the nand.bin and keys.bin from your SD card there.

III. Unbricking your Wii

If you had a previous nand backup you could do the following (but read below for an alternative method):

1. Copy the old nand.bin to your SD card root (you can keep the keys.bin you created in the previous phase there).
    2. Insert your SD card into your Wii.
    3. Turn your Wii on, starting bootmii.
    4. Select the 4th/last symbol.
    5. Select the symbol with the arrow from the SD card to the chip.
    6. Confirm that you want to restore your nand and wait for the operation to finish.
    7. Now your Wii should be in whatever state it was when that backup was made, hopefully unbricked.

Another possibility is to unbrick your Wii by installing a fresh 4.2 system manually. I actually recommend that, since we don't know that state your Wii will be in after you restored the nand backup and you'll probably have to do all this anyway to get your Wii up-to-date. If unbricking manually fails, you can always restore the nand later. If you don't have an old nand.bin, you must do it this way.

Here are the steps:

1. Insert your SD card into your PC.
    2. If you have a folder named "WAD" on your SD card, rename it to "WAD_OLD".
    3. Create a new folder called "WAD" on your SD card.
    4. You downloaded LCUDv3 from this thread before, didn't you? There is a folder called "WAD" where you extracted the LCUDv3 archive. If you don't have it, re-download it from the first post of this thread.
    5. Copy the following files from the LCUDv3 WAD folder to the WAD folder on your SD card:
      • cIOS36-cfwprpht-v3.6.wad
      • cIOS30-cfwprpht-v3.5.wad
      • cIOS50-cfwprhpt-v3.5.wad
      • cIOS60-cfwprhpt-v3.5.wad
      • cIOS70-cfwprhpt-v3.5.wad
    6. Download NUS Downloader: [Register or Login to view links]
    7. Unpack NUS Downloader somewhere on your hard drive and start it.
    8. Check the checkbox in front of "Pack -> WAD".
    9. Check the checkbox in front of "Delete Contents".
    10. Click on the button "Database" in the upper right and select "Update database"
    11. When it says your database is current, click on "Database", then on "IOS", "0000000100000009 - IOS9" and "v778"
    12. Click on "Start NUS Download!" and wait for the download to finish. The last message should be "All deletion completed." and three lines above that should be "WAD Created: IOS9-64-v778.wad".
    13. Now repeat the two steps above for every single one of these IOS/version combinations:
      • "000000010000000C - IOS12" -> "v269"
      • "000000010000000D - IOS13" -> "v273"
      • "000000010000000E - IOS14" -> "v520"
      • "000000010000000F - IOS15" -> "v523"
      • "0000000100000011 - IOS17" -> "v775"
      • "0000000100000015 - IOS21" -> "v782"
      • "0000000100000016 - IOS22" -> "v1037"
      • "000000010000001C - IOS28" -> "v1550"
      • "000000010000001F - IOS31" -> "v3349"
      • "0000000100000021 - IOS33" -> "v3091"
      • "0000000100000022 - IOS34" -> "v3348"
      • "0000000100000023 - IOS35" -> "v3349"
      • "0000000100000025 - IOS37" -> "v3869"
      • "0000000100000026 - IOS38" -> "v3867"
      • "0000000100000035 - IOS53" -> "v5406"
      • "0000000100000037 - IOS55" -> "v5406"
      • "0000000100000038 - IOS56" -> "v5405"
      • "000000010000003D - IOS61" -> "v5405"
    14. After downloading all these IOS, the final step is to download the system menu. Select "Database", "System", "0000000100000002 - System Menu" and "v481 (4.2U)". Make sure you download that exact version (if your Wii is US, of course).
    15. Now you have many sub folders in the folder where you unpacked NUS Downloader, on for each download. In every folder should be a wad file. Copy all wad files into the WAD folder on your SD card. If you don't have enough space on your SD card left, remove the nand.bin - but only if you copied it to your PC beforehand!
    16. Now make sure you have all of these files in your SD card's WAD folder:
      • cIOS36-cfwprpht-v3.6.wad
      • cIOS30-cfwprpht-v3.5.wad
      • cIOS50-cfwprhpt-v3.5.wad
      • cIOS60-cfwprhpt-v3.5.wad
      • cIOS70-cfwprhpt-v3.5.wad
      • IOS9-64-v778.wad
      • IOS12-64-v269.wad
      • IOS13-64-v273.wad
      • IOS14-64-v520.wad
      • IOS15-64-v523.wad
      • IOS17-64-v775.wad
      • IOS21-64-v782.wad
      • IOS22-64-v1037.wad
      • IOS28-64-v1550.wad
      • IOS31-64-v3349.wad
      • IOS33-64-v3091.wad
      • IOS34-64-v3348.wad
      • IOS35-64-v3349.wad
      • IOS37-64-v3869.wad
      • IOS38-64-v3867.wad
      • IOS53-64-v5406.wad
      • IOS55-64-v5406.wad
      • IOS56-64-v5405.wad
      • IOS61-64-v5405.wad
      • System Menu-NUS-v481.wad
    17. Double-check that you have all of these files and not any others, and that all numbers are correct.
    18. Now download Wad Manager Multimod: [Register or Login to view links]
    19. Unpack and copy it to your SD card, so that it's in a sub folder of the apps folder, like this: \apps\wadmanagermultimod
    20. Rename the WAD_Manager_1.5_Multimod_v2c.dol file to boot.dol
    21. Remove the SD card from your PC
    22. Insert the SD card into your Wii
    23. Turn on your Wii and start Homebrew Channel.
    24. In Homebrew Channel, start Wad Manager Multimod.
    25. Select IOS249, NAND emulation off, SD card as Source.
    26. Now select every wad file and press the "+" button, so that in front of every entry in the list there is a + symbol. Remember that the list is longer than the screen and continue scrolling down until you have a + in front of every wad listed above.
    27. Once all wads are marked with a plus sign, press the "1" button, then the "A" button. Now wait while everything gets installed.
    28. After all installations are finished, press the home button to leave wad manager.
    29. Once you've left wad manager, restart your Wii and try to boot your system menu. If everything went alright, your Wii should be unbricked.

If something goes wrong, report back and describe the problem before doing anything about it. If you are successful, report back anyway and we'll discuss next steps.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckieTom View Post
    Thanks dorienasder for replying to my post.

You mentioned a system IOS to boot disc. Where can I get that and how do I use it? I understand that I cant use the recovery mode to restore my nand. Since I have boot IOS and not boot2, its pretty much pointless where I am at. I was hoping for a way I could get my system to enter the recovery mode, uninstall the WAD file that corrupted the system, and go on from there.
    Unfortunately, you are in a deadlock if you stubbed your system IOS. You could easily download a non-stubbed IOS60 and install it on your Wii with Wad Manager, but to get to Wad Manager, you would need to boot a disc in recovery mode. And you can't do that with a stubbed system IOS. So you're stuck. As I said before, the only option I see is flashing your nand backup back with an infectus chip. I'll look into other solutions for a stubbed system IOS, but I don't think there are any.
    Last edited by dorienasder; 12-30-2009 at 10:43 AM

Question

looking for a your expertise help..here what I did and getting black screen when boot up the wii. Hopefully you guys can help.

I was on 3.2U and installed HBC with Zelda hack for a while, no problems, then after few months I upgraded my FW to 4.1U from official update thru the WiFi and everything is fine, when I try to install a wad and I'm getting error -21 something like that.

then I did some research and found out I need run the Trucha Bug Restorer load IOS36 then select downgrade IOS15,

run the Trucha Bug Restorer again and load IOS15 on the first screen then select IOS36 menu install patched IOS36 to slote 36,

run the Trucha bug Restorer again to load IOS36 and select restore IOS15.

then Run cIOS38r14 installer and select IOS36.

after all the above Trucha bug restorer etc, I can install WAD again but when I move the WAD to SD and I got failed to launch.

do some more research and someone say I need IOS60 then I run the IOS60 Installer, installation is fine, but once I reboot the Wii I got BLACK SCREEN.

Will the Universal Unbrick Disc can help? If it can I will go get a GC controller.

TIA

If you guys can guide me to the right path will be great.

Quote Originally Posted by btghostown View Post
    looking for a your expertise help..here what I did and getting black screen when boot up the wii. Hopefully you guys can help.

I was on 3.2U and installed HBC with Zelda hack for a while, no problems, then after few months I upgraded my FW to 4.1U from official update thru the WiFi and everything is fine, when I try to install a wad and I'm getting error -21 something like that.

then I did some research and found out I need run the Trucha Bug Restorer load IOS36 then select downgrade IOS15,

run the Trucha Bug Restorer again and load IOS15 on the first screen then select IOS36 menu install patched IOS36 to slote 36,

run the Trucha bug Restorer again to load IOS36 and select restore IOS15.

then Run cIOS38r14 installer and select IOS36.

after all the above Trucha bug restorer etc, I can install WAD again but when I move the WAD to SD and I got failed to launch.

do some more research and someone say I need IOS60 then I run the IOS60 Installer, installation is fine, but once I reboot the Wii I got BLACK SCREEN.

Will the Universal Unbrick Disc can help? If it can I will go get a GC controller.

TIA

If you guys can guide me to the right path will be great.
    You fell into the same trap as many others here and used a deprecated tool (ios60 installer) to download and install the newest version of IOS60 from Nintendo. But that version is a functionless stub, only intended for (non-)use with 4.2! And since 4.1, which uses IOS60 as the system IOS, you have now bricked your Wii with nearly no hope of recovery. You should never use anything else than DOP IOS (MOD) to install your system IOS. And as you might be able to tell from the fact that IOS60 was your system IOS, you already had it and practically killed it.

Did you have bootmii in boot2? Otherwise there isn't much hope for you.

help?

hello everyone,

i bricked my wii a while back and it is running on 4.1u. I bricked it when i tried running a manual shop channel update when it had finished i returned to the hombrew channel and found that it was upside down.

I foolishly thought that it was a glitch and i restarted my wii but when it restarted all i got was the black screen.

I had bootmii installed but never installed it as boot2.

I've been trying to fix it with the modded gamecube controller but i cant get into the recovery menu i just now bought the controller from eBay from a licensed store but the controller seems to have been opened. I'm not sure if i I'm not pressing down all the buttons at the right time or if the controller is faulty can anyone help? (it is the original controller)

Sponsored Links

Page 51 of 66 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News