Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 13 of 66 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    savemiifrii not working. no recovery menu, screen flashes and goes black.

i tried both the UUDv3 and bootmii disc v1. no luck.

why oh why did i not use a wad??

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Right I'm pretty sure I have all of that

I hope so anyway as I reckon this is my last hope offixing my poor little wii

any idea when the links will be up?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    At wiispezial09
    I could need a bricked wii to do some test by my own and/or some help from a coder.Becouse i know a way that will work on a bricked virgin wii but there for i will need a special not available modchip.Meaning i have to do it by my own but im not a learned coder and thats the problem.

Ok there is the Infectus Modchip wich i own and i could use it for my project but i would need some one other they will be able to write a app that will run of infectus like the chip does it as Wii or x360 mod and hack chip.
    The idea is that it have a cIOS onboard and during boot up the chip patch this cIOS into RAM instead of the orig Sys-IOS.
    This will allow us to use modded disc's per Rescue Menu to unbrick a virgin Wii.Also could we then use Update moddifyed discs and downgrade the boot2 wich will be included in updates.

Sadly no one till yet have made a app for infectus that we can use this very nice multi console chip to unbrick our wiis.Im pretty sure that it will work becouse data of NAND goes over the Starlight (GPU) and they'll with the keys, present in a seperated chip - included into her self, decrypt the data and send it to RAM where the data will be executed or used. (hope thats correct,not sure at all)

Sounds easy and Im sure it will work but the problem is to find the correct timing, write the app for infectus,...and so on

At troy512
    Does your tv flicker only if you try do boot RM?Or will it happen every time you boot your Wii?
    This than will mean (so i think) that your RM is still there and maybe you can unbrick it with a Disc update.

But same as aboth.I only can edit the iso so that it autorun the update partition instead of the game partiton without the need to resign.But if the partition it self will be touched i need to resign with common-key.And as mentoined many times before even with a modchip we cant boot mod disc without a trucha able sys-ios onto it.

EDIT:
    At sirstonie
    i will do it tonight ok?And i can say you that mostlikely it will not work.On my first test with the UUDv1 i recognized that even with autoboot we need the sys-cIOS to be installed to be able to boot the mod disc from the Wii menu.Im not sure if we will need a sys-cIOS installed to boot mod discs with a modchip from the RM when disc will be set to autoboot.But in best ways (if we dont need it) we than would need the from the disc called IOS to be a trucha able IOS in case that FW 4.0/4.1/4.2 does not support the fake signing.
    Last edited by cfwprophet; 09-30-2009 at 06:29 PM

Quote Originally Posted by troy512 View Post
    • LU64+ Wii with boot2v4
    • System Menu 4.0
    • Dop-IOS v7 all available IOS [previous SM 4.2]
    • preloader 0.29
    • bootmii IOS254
    • IOS249 rev14

tried to update preloader v0.30, received a message IOS 60 has the fakesign bug. so i used IOS60 Patcher to reinstall IOS60, returned to HBC and reinstalled preloader 0.29. dumb me wasnt thinking about Nintendo's big firmware update yesterday. i should have done a wad install i know.

now i have a freakin stub IOS60 v6400, so obviously i can not access preloader or my system menu. black screen.

do you think i can fix it?

i know if i wait for a SM 4.2 disc i can rent it and update, but i dont want to wait that long.
    Quote Originally Posted by troy512 View Post
    savemiifrii not working. no recovery menu, screen flashes and goes black.

i tried both the UUDv3 and bootmii disc v1. no luck.

why oh why did i not use a wad??
    Quote Originally Posted by cfwprophet View Post
    At troy512
    Does your tv flicker only if you try do boot RM?Or will it happen every time you boot your Wii?
    This than will mean (so i think) that your RM is still there and maybe you can unbrick it with a Disc update.

But same as aboth.I only can edit the iso so that it autorun the update partition instead of the game partiton without the need to resign.But if the partition it self will be touched i need to resign with common-key.And as mentoined many times before even with a modchip we cant boot mod disc without a trucha able sys-ios onto it.
    screen flicker only with savemiifrii.

i have no modchip, but my IOS60 is broken. its the new v6400.

My wii 3.2U is in full brick after downgrading from 4.1u to 3.2u then updating by disk, Gutair hero 5 (powers on but black screen with drive spinning) I have read every post but am still confused ! Can this be unbricked I have a wiikey2 modchip installed and homebrew. If so what do I need! savemii and starfall was never installed!

christpuncher,

you pretty much have the same problem i have.

SM 4.1 uses IOS50 v5120.

SM 3.2 stubs IOS50.

disc update to 3.4 is not compatible with IOS50 v5120.

both of our Wiis have systemmenu IOS versions which are not compatible.

screen flicker only with savemiifrii.
    Than the chances that your rescue menu is still alive will be high and if not you even can try it with the savemii dongle.

You will need a modchip to be able to boot a disc like FW update disc.Than after your tv flicker put in the original or autoboot patched backup and see if it work.

At christpuncher
    If you still on FW 3.2 than you have a good base.Do you have made a IOS Downgrade after FW Downgrading?
    And do you have a new Wii with maybe a boot2v4?
    I dont have understand exectly.So you have made a FW downgrade from 4.1 to FW 3.2 and after seccessful downgrade you used Rockband to update your Wii and she bricked?Is this correct?

Also try to start RM and see if it work or if it let your tv flicker.

To clarify:
    "From the IOS History of WiiBrew"

FW 1.0 use the IOS9
    FW 2.0 use the IOS11
    FW 2.2 use the IOS20
    FW 3.0/3.1/3.2/3.3 use the IOS30
    FW 3.4 use the IOS50
    FW 3.4K use the IOS52
    FW 4.0/4.1 use the IOS60
    FW 4.2 use the IOS70

So i dono understand what you mean at troy512
    Last edited by cfwprophet; 09-30-2009 at 10:26 PM

You can brick your wii by downgrading from 4.0 to 3.2, then upgrading to 3.4 using disc update.

system menu 3.2 does not need IOS50

system menu 3.4 uses IOS50 v4889 as system menu IOS

system menu 4.0 installs IOS50 v5120 stub

downgrade from 4.0 to 3.2, keeps IOS50 v5120 but is not used. then you update using a disc to 3.4. the update only checks that IOS50 is installed and the version is greater than what is on the disc, so IOS50 v4889 is not installed. SM 3.4 is not compatible with IOS50 v5120.

You now have a brick by updating with a disc.

this is essential what i have done. i have an updated stubbed system menu IOS.
    Last edited by troy512; 09-30-2009 at 11:21 PM

Ahhhhh....thx now i understood.

Yeaaaa...i always use IOS downgrader after a sys dongrade and i modded a hell of Wii's and all of them run fine.Even in my Offline Downgrader pack i have included all Official lower IOS version to simply use with WAD Batch installer.I havend thought on this incompatible IOS50

Uff...i think i have more then a lot to do the next days.I will made a Offline downgrader pack such as mentioned above and the cfw also need to be reuploaded but first to be updated.

I think i will use this cSM with the Fallout3 theme as base and i will edit a "CFWXX" sign into the Theme along with a nice clean install and all real great and needfuly hacks, channels, emus and hb that will be available

It was at 3.2u bus started disk update with GH% (did this before and it updated it to 3.4u the wii is fairly new it is #LU615

Sponsored Links

Page 13 of 66 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News