Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

ULTIMATE System Menu 4.1 Guide, Backup Loaders Disc Channel USB

Sponsored Links
    This is the ULTIMATE Tutorial for everything you need for System Menu 4.1
    for EUR and USA Wiis only not JAP or KOREAN

There are two methods described in this guide. Online and completely Offline installations. The Online installation is the safer method. They should both work on ANY Wii besides LU64+. You only need to use one guide, they both do the same thing. Please read the entire thread including FAQ before asking a question.

Online Downgrade/Upgrade

Prerequisites:
    --SD card
    --Wifi Connection (Ethernet doesnt work)
    --Unplug any Gamecube Memory Cards, Gamecube Controllers, USB Devices
    --Read the FAQ and be prepared with a general knowledge of Wii Homebrew

[Register or Login to view links] (07-22-09)

1) Format your SD card to FAT16. Copy the contents inside the sd folder to the root of your SD card

2) Insert the SD card in the Wii and go to Data Management>Channels>SD Card press YES on the dialog box that asks to load boot.dol

3) Install the Homebrew Channel and install BootMii as boot2 if possible or as an IOS if boot2 is not available.

4) Launch Bootmii (if you installed to boot2 just reset the system if you installed to IOS go to the HBC and press the Home button)

5) Open the config menu (gears) and choose backup NAND (green arrow) wait for it to finish and restart the Wii

6) Run Trucha Bug Restorer and choose "IOS36" and pick "Downgrade IOS15" and "Download IOS from NUS" then restart

7) Run Trucha Bug Restorer again and choose "IOS15" then "IOS36 menu" set "IOS to slot 36" and "yes" "yes" "yes" to the 3 options then press "Install patched IOS36" and "Download IOS from NUS"

8) Install cIOS36 rev10 to IOS249 using Network install mode

9) Downgrade system IOS files using IOS Downgrader

10) Downgrade to 3.2 using cIOS Downgrader even if you are already on 3.2 run this

11) Run 4.1 Firmware-Updater.

12) Using Dop-IOS install IOS60 v6174 with Sig Hash Check.

13) Install preloader. On the install screen press 1

14) Set your preloader settings. In preloader hacks enable "Skip disc update check"

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Downgrade/Upgrade

Prerequisites:
    --SD card
    --Unplug any Gamecube Memory Cards, Gamecube Controllers, USB Devices
    --Read the FAQ and be prepared with a general knowledge of Wii Homebrew

[Register or Login to view links] (07-22-2009)

This package contains instructions on how to acquire the necessary files from Nintendo to do an offline update
    This package will work on ANY Wii! Virgin or Nintendo Official Updated without cios!!

1) Extract the files somewhere on your hard drive such as C:\wii\ and run prepare.bat and choose your desired version

2) Check that the WAD files are correct with MooSFV. If any files are not correct run clean.bat and start over

3) Format your SD card to FAT16. Copy the contents inside the sd folder to the root of your SD card

4) Insert the SD card in the Wii and go to Data Management>Channels>SD Card press YES on the dialog box that asks to load boot.dol

5) Install the Homebrew Channel and install BootMii as boot2 if possible or as an IOS if boot2 is not available.

6) Launch Bootmii (if you installed to boot2 just reset the system if you installed to IOS go to the HBC and press the Home button)

7) Open the config menu (gears) and choose backup NAND (green arrow) wait for it to finish and restart the Wii

8) Run Trucha Bug Restorer and choose "IOS36" and pick "Downgrade IOS15" and "Load IOS from sd card" then restart

9) Run Trucha Bug Restorer again and choose "IOS15" then "IOS36 menu" set "IOS to slot 36" and "yes" "yes" "yes" to the 3 options then press "Install patched IOS36" and "Load IOS from sd card"

10) Run cIOS36_rev10-Installer and choose WAD Installation

11) Run WAD-Manager_v1.4 again. Choose IOS249 and install WADs 01-18. If WAD Manager freezes during installation just try again from the WAD it froze on.

12) While still in WAD Manager install SystemMenuv###.wad

13) It is highly recommended that you install preloader to prevent bricks. On the install screen press 1

14) Hold reset while powering on to access preloader and set preloader settings. In preloader hacks enable "Skip disc update check"

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/wii-ne...105559-4.html"
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

You can now use Backup Loaders and run Virtual Console and WiiWare from the SD Channel!

I recommend Backup Launcher NeoGamma for Wii Backups

4th page.

If you want Gamecube backups install the custom MIOS and use Gamecube Backup Launcher 0.2

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/wii-ne...d-105175.html"

You can also now install a USB Loader. I reccomend USB Loader GX

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/wii-ne...ad-105559.html

If you want to load games from the disc channel you must install CIOSCORP
    The following section applies to both Online and Offline installations.

NOTE: NO ASKING FOR LINKS TO CIOS WADS
    This section has some risks and is OPTIONAL
    if you follow instructions you will be fine.

1) Put WAD Manager 1.3 on your sd card

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/wii-ne...ed-105827.html

2) Install the CIOSCORP WADs

can be found in Softmii or MiiWii packages

3) Install CIOS60BF.wad

google "CIOS60HK.zip" or get "cios60.wad" from the offline guide

4) Your system menu will now say "System Files Corrupt" but dont worry! just hold reset and launch the Homebrew Channel and install Preloader 0.29 AGAIN

5) Enable update blocker in preloader. Hold RESET and power on. Change preloader options and hacks

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I fix Homebrew Channel going to a black screen?

reinstall it with bannerbomb

What if I cant install Bootmii? What if the NAND backup fails?

Chances are you will be fine, its just another security measure which I have never needed to use.

Is my console BRICKED!?

If you have Bootmii boot2 or preloader then you are fine. Turn your Wii OFF to the RED light and then hold RESET and turn it on then load the HBC
    If you have cIOS installed run cIOS Downgrader
    If you dont have cIOS installed use the Offline Downgrade method

Will this work with Softmii? MiiWii? old version of cIOS? etc

Theres no need to uninstall anything first. You can install CIOSCORP on 4.0 using this guide

Will this work with Starfall? Preloader 0.28?

No. You MUST use Preloader 0.29. Starfall hacks wont work on 4.0. Use the latest preloader hacks.ini

Do original discs work with/without CIOSCORP?

Yes. CIOSCORP and CIOS60 only affect Backup Discs

How do I fix the error when installing preloader "current IOS(36) has the fakesign bug fixed"?

Install "IOS36-64-v1042.wad" which can be found on a disc or using the Offline Pack

How do I fix (X)?

Chances are you messed up directions somewhere. Start from Step 1!

Credits: Team Twiizers, Waninkoko, tona, WB3000, Crediar, WiiGator, WiiBlaster, wiiNinja, ubercow
    Last edited by labonte; 07-29-2009 at 08:01 AM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Very nice bro + rep for you.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thank you so much, this is exactly what I needed. I just have one small problem. On the last step when you mention preloader hacks, did you mean the Systemmenu Hacks right above settings? If thats the one, whenever I select it, it says "Couldn't find 'hacks.ini' neither on FAT nor on NAND!Co[the end of the message is cut off]". Where can I find this file and what exactly does it do?

IOS36 Problems

Hi Goku720,

Thanks for all your great work and step by step guide, I have been trying to sort my wii to use USB Loader and similar for the last 3 days and its driving me crazy. Here's whats happened so far..

Originally the wii was a 3.2 pal euro version
    My son in law then updated to 3.3 then recently to 4.1
    I have tried all the different methods on the websites but yours is the one where I have got the furthest so far.

I have installed the homebrew, bootmii to boot2,
    Done the Nand backup
    Trucha bug restorer and downgraded the IOS15 and restarted
    Trucha bug restorer, selected IOS15, selected IOS36 Menu, selected all yes, started install, downloads great from NUS, next step selected download from NUS and this is the result..

Press A to Install
    ES_AddTitleStart returned: -2001
    You need to use an IOS with trucha bug.
    Thats what the IOS downgrade is good for...
    IOS36 installation failed
    Press any button to exit...

Without this bit working I cannot go any further and its driving me crazy!!!

Perhaps you or anybody else on the forum may be able to help me in the right direction as to get round this problem..

I sure hope so

Thanks in advance

Philco1
    Last edited by philco1; 08-03-2009 at 04:45 PM

Having the exact same problem, but it's not exactly a virgin 4.1 Wii. I had it previously hacked from 3.2 on, but when 4.0 came out it accidentally got updated officially through Nintendo. After that I ran Waninkoko's 4.0 upgrader and then 4.1 upgrader... but I can't seem to do anything with a lot of cIOS anymore... and I followed your guide and started having problems with what the previous poster said.
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwisoup View Post
    Having the exact same problem, but it's not exactly a virgin 4.1 Wii. I had it previously hacked from 3.2 on, but when 4.0 came out it accidentally got updated officially through Nintendo. After that I ran Waninkoko's 4.0 upgrader and then 4.1 upgrader...but I can't seem to do anything with a lot of cIOS anymore...and I followed your guide and started having problems with what the previous poster said.
    Here is the error message I get, which is different:

Error: ES_AddTitleStart returned -1035, maybe you need an updated Downgrader
    Error: Could not set the revision to 0
    Downgrade failed

I didn't mention before, but I can still run backups and install wads, but my cIOS and IOS are screwy from all the updates and failed attempts at downgrading when I first accidentally upgraded to 4.0 through Nintendo. I've tried to go onto the next steps, but both IOS and cIOS downgrader give me errors as well.
    Last edited by kiwisoup; 08-05-2009 at 04:31 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoStar View Post
    Thank you so much, this is exactly what I needed. I just have one small problem. On the last step when you mention preloader hacks, did you mean the Systemmenu Hacks right above settings? If thats the one, whenever I select it, it says "Couldn't find 'hacks.ini' neither on FAT nor on NAND!Co[the end of the message is cut off]". Where can I find this file and what exactly does it do?
    If you are using a SDHC card, it won't load the hacks.ini file... otherwise you have the wrong version. The correct file is in this download and it should be in the root of the SD card.

Hi Kiwisoup,

Did you resolve the CIOS problems?? I think I have viewed virtually every forum for wii and tried all and it still will not work..

Perhaps I should to stick to PCs, at least I can fix problems with a Format..

claudema
    Quote Originally Posted by philco1 View Post
    Hi Kiwisoup,

Did you resolve the CIOS problems?? I think I have viewed virtually every forum for wii and tried all and it still will not work..

Perhaps I should to stick to PCs, at least I can fix problems with a Format..
    Format do not solve problems, it only erase or remove them, but you will get in the same problems again and again and format again and again until you start doing some troubleshooting to find the cause.

Erasing is not the solution people needs patience and they should try to use what they have between their hears for other stuff than playing games.

If you are smart enough to go through games you should be smart enough to solve problems without format

nice tutorial rep+ for you!

Hey Guys, im havin a few problems.

i've got this bit:

14) Set your preloader settings. In preloader hacks enable "Skip disc update check"

but when i look in settings there is nothin about "skip disc update check"

I've also installed CIOS60BF.wad and Backup Launcher NeoGamma and again it says in preloader:

5) Enable update blocker in preloader. Hold RESET and power on. Change preloader options and hacks

and with the hacks option it just says couldnt find hacks.ini

i know its there i checked it.

any help i would be greatful!

thanx

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News