Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Tarablinda v0.4b is Working with XBox 360 Slim DG16D4S Drives

Sponsored Links
    Geremia at XBoxHacker.org (linked above) reports that Tarablinda v0.4b has arrived and is working with XBox 360 Slim DG16D4S drives.

Tarablinda is a collection of hacks and tricks which he discovered during hw and fw exploration (allows to extract dvdkey and more and since this last version even an experimental way to dump the whole FW).

Download: [Register or Login to view links]

To quote: Thanks for running the test app, i figured out nothing interesting from it but thanks for doing it anyway, ehehheeh

I had no time, no will and no more than 2 drive to test, and i'm not willing to support it too much, it's just a proof of concept. It can contain bugs and it's not an idiot proof app.

I spent 2 months of spare night-time on this, from decapping to fullrawdump, passing by descrambling fw, reversing fw, bruteforcing, finding usefull cdb commands, bugs and tricks. This is the result, not the beginning of something else.

Since it's my hobby, i'm free to do what i like, just enjoy it or hate it, i dont' care. Slim liteon is well detectable and also lockable to a permanent read-only SPI flash, it's just a matter of MS to push the red button.

Tarablinda v0.4b

Usage : Tarablinda [SATA PORT] [dump|erase|rewrite] [file to flash]
    Example: Tarablinda E480 dump
    Example: Tarablinda E480 rewrite newfw.bin

Special: Tarablinda E480 dump full
    Experimental risky fulldump

Tarablinda is a collection of hacks and tricks which i discovered during hw and fw exploration. It's only a proof of concept, I take no responsibility for any damage it may causes.

I've checked on Via controller (with drivers removed) and Intel ICH7 several time, against 2 different drives with same FW revision.
    There could be different FW revision out here, it could not work for several reasons.

dump:

it dumps the dvdkey and checks it with MS drive auth protocol,
    like the console does everytime you poweron, so it's good for sure.
    It's not a destructive/invasive dump.

It dumps also serials (1FFE0 area)
    It also dumps the whole dvdkeyarea, included the latest 0x10 bytes of such area, which are unique per drive too.
    It also dumps sectors 3Dxxx 3Exxx

Dummy.bin is nothing else than a blank file with dvdkeyarea, 3D000-3EFFF and serials in place, not jf compatible.

experimental-risky:

dump full:
    Like above, then checks if 3D-3E sectors are the known ones, rewrites 3E with patched code to make the fw send us the full dump.
    It's a little risky cause we can't know for sure if the dumped 3D-3E sectors are really that sector numbers.
    Since scrambling the same data at different addrress results in different scrambled data, we can be quite sure.
    But again, this is beta software and consider you are risking on your own, it's your choice.

Erase and Rewrite(which is an erase+write) are mainly for studying purpose
    Unless you have a full dump of your drive,
    erase and rewrite are not recommended for the most

Special thanks to Kai Schtrom - Maximus - TeamModFreaks

As usual, use at your own risk

Geremia

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    first post, thanks for taking time to hack this i knew it was only matter of time, i will be following this closely.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    A great follow up to this post comes from TeamJungle:
    LT+ for slim is coming with firmguard+ to overcome real-time checks.

LoL I guess people started to move towards ps3 once the JB happened (I know I did) They've only been promising a hack for the slim since july/august? (Wonder if these guys are in with psbreak lol) Now I suppose they are trying to win back the crowd... and or devs lol Keep the ps3 scene alive guys!!!

To be honest ever since the PS got JB, the scene for xbox360 has started to become dead!...

not at all zero, i still use both. i use my 360 most of the time actually. however i am rocking the snes on the ps3 and i let my bro have my jtag since he left to the military quite a while back.

Great news, even for people that don't have an Xbox360 (my case!), but the newz I hope to see soon is games like MoH 2010 for PS3 running at fw 3.41 JB units!

360 scene was always dead because only a handful of people can run homebrew/emulators/backup DLC/XBLA content. Others can only do one thing: run copied games that are 'perfectly' (loosely used). That is not very useful to me, and I have an unmodified console (for warranty purposes) that I only run real games on. 2 JTAGs for experimentation.

Also, XNA is a joke. Plus it costs money, when allowing such experimentation should be free especially when they want to market to the younger but technically saavy crowd. Doesn't make sense to me. Beyond that, no full-system access = no way. I'll take the official development kit and make something REAL thank you.
    Last edited by Tatsh2DX; 10-15-2010 at 09:11 PM

Quote Originally Posted by zeromx View Post
    To be honest ever since the PS got JB, the scene for xbox360 has started to become dead!...
    Not true. It's just been hacked for so long and it's easy... nothing has been thrown at flashed boxes in an long time to stop booting of backups.

We're all too busy playing They announced the slim being hacked a few months back, and now we're seeing the fixes for the end users trickle out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishoff View Post
    Not true. It's just been hacked for so long and it's easy... nothing has been thrown at flashed boxes in an long time to stop booting of backups.

We're all too busy playing They announced the slim being hacked a few months back, and now we're seeing the fixes for the end users trickle out.
    You all got a valid point, but i remember about 1/2 months before the JB for ps3 came out, they were buzzing with discussions and the IRC had alot of going on...

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News