Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sony's PlayStation 2 Console Turns Ten Years Old Today

Sponsored Links
    Sony's PlayStation 2 console turns ten years old today (yesterday in some parts of the world) and was first shown at a Japanese event in 1999.

Launch titles were limited, with Ridge Racer 5 and Street Fighter EX3 standing out. The machine went on to launch later that year in both the US and EU, hitting on October 26 and November 24 respectively.

To quote: "Ten years ago today on March 5th, 2000, Sony released the first version of the PlayStation 2 in Japan, which means the game-console is essentially turning 10 years old today.

The PS2 was later released in North America on October 26, 2000. With more than 140 million units sold as of September 2009, the PlayStation 2 has become the best-selling video game-console of all time and sales are surprsingly still going strong.

Believe it or not, several new games are scheduled to be released for the platform this year.

It's definitely a great milestone for such a revolutionary and innovative game-console that really changed the way we played video games. Happy 10th birthday to the PlayStation 2!"

Sony's PlayStation 2 Console Turns Ten Years Old Today

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Smile

Sponsored Links
    You bet and congrats to the ps2 for giving us the games we all liked and played and helped in technology for the next gen of console from sony.. here is hats off to your 10 year ps2 and may it continue for a while longer, as i still enjoy the games and many i have never played yet.

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up

Sponsored Links
    Happy Birthday PS2. Probably one of the best console ever made so far.

10 years old?! Very old console... I had one but now is broken.

I sold my PS2 about a year after the PSP came out... so I've been PS2-less for quite some time myself. R.I.P PS2!

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    I sold my PS2 about a year after the PSP came out... so I've been PS2-less for quite some time myself. R.I.P PS2!
    i still have my original model ps2. not launch model, but the one with the hdd bay accessed by a rear panel. and it's still hooked up next to my ps1 and ps3. i can't believe mine still works as it was with me through my later college years, and it managed to not get sold for any drugs! can't say the same for my old tv and snowboard though.

Happy birthday Playstation 2, we spend great moments with you and your games like resident evil 4 and mgs3!!!

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News