Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sony Unveils S1 and S2 PlayStation-Certified Tablets

Sponsored Links
    While discontinuing the PSPgo to focus on the NGP, Sony has also unveiled the first PlayStation-certified S1 and S2 tablets.

The single-screen S1 and dual-screen S2 are set to release this year, run on Android 3.0, and support PlayStation Suite, Qriocity, and Reader.

To quote from Next-Gen.biz (linked above): "Both devices will run on the Android 3.0 operating system and feature WiFi, 3G and 4G compatibility.

The S1 mimics the iPad display, with a single 9.4 inch screen on a device that, with its off-centre of gravity design, Sony says offers “stability and ease of grip as well as a sense of stability and lightness, offering comfortable use for hours.”

The S2 tablet opens to reveal two 5.5 inch displays which can either be used separately or combined to form one large screen.

Both tablets will support the software download platform PlayStation Suite, opening them up to classic PSOne titles as well as original content, as well as the Qriocity music streaming service and ebook downloads from the Reader Store. In addition both can be used as universal remote controls for Bravia TVs."

They're just identical clones of other android tablets due for release this summer, and the only mildly interesting thing about them is the S2's clam shell design. Which I'd be willing to bet never makes it to retail like all the other clam shell tablets we've been promised over the years.

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

pstablet.jpg   dsonytablets.jpg   esonytablets.jpg   bsonytablets.jpg   csonytablets.jpg   hsonytablets.jpg  

asonytablets.jpg   gsonytablets.jpg   fsonytablets.jpg  

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Read this on Mashable.com a few hours ago. The S1 looks cool. But the S2 with the dual screens looks like a joke, I've got an iPad 2 and it works marvelously, The galaxy Tab kinda sucked, let's see what Sony can do.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yeah tablets are cool, I love mine but not exactly an original idea. Just another example of Sony jumping on the band wagon late to pimp their "Playstation Suite"

I prefer the S2 because at least it's not 100% identical to 10+ other devices already around (Even more by the time these get released) but i'll doubt it'll ever get released.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have promoted this to the main page now and +Rep for the news barrybarryk!

i'd get the s2 and its running on android 3.0 huh that means java >

The playstation suite is going no where fast they tried it on a phone and that failed horribly so why would it work on a tablet, the only thing that would attract people to this is a competetive price but i think i will stick with an ipad 2.

here is the biggest problem with this -_- they are putting it with the android market. if sony keeps the way it is and seems to always have the gate closed on you, then this is gonna be the next device that gets hacked and everything.

sony will probrably even lock you out of the market and apps. i mean yea its good if the door is open but no if they close it in and make you do updates. think about you cant use your phone till you are up to date that be sum shizz

Actually, it is better that it's on the Android Market.

Sony unlocked the boot loader for XPERIA, I guess they are more lenient on their mobiles and tablets.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News