Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Site News: Bug Fixes, Quick Reply to Articles Now Allows Commenting

Sponsored Links
    Following up on our last update of being 100% ad-free for all Registered Users, we have recently updated the backend to patch the [Register or Login to view links], remedied the activation e-mail issue users reported and also fixed the Quick Reply box below each article.

For those unaware, if you click on any article headline from our main page, you can open it in Article View (versus Forum View) and now type a comment in the Quick Reply box (pictured below). Feel free to give it a try if you wish in this article!

Finally, we still have a handful of items to tackle on our to-do list since the upgrade but we're getting there... so if you have any new ideas or suggestions feel free to share them in our ongoing Forum thread and we will do out best to make them happen in coming months and enjoy!

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You still lose your message if you try writing a post with fast-reply without being logged in.

It's quite a pain in the butt, if you can't fix this could you at least hide the fast-reply box if you're not logged in??

T.T

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Nice news!

Quote Originally Posted by Brenza View Post
    You still lose your message if you try writing a post with fast-reply without being logged in.
    Question.. do you know offhand if other vB sites allow you to save the unlogged in response so it can be posted once logged in? I am wondering if it's the way vBulletin handles it by default or if it's an actual issue with our site itself.

I get this, although my message is longer than others (i.e. posting this exact reply):

"Errors: The following errors occurred with your submission. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 2 characters."

Question

That is what I got before it was fixed also, did you try clearing your cache, cookies, temp files etc? If yes and you still get it, which browser are you using as we checked it in FireFox and Chrome.

Testing again. Testing... 1... 2... 3... Half-Life 3 confirmed

Edit: Now is working fine. I didn't delete anything. Using Firefox.

Thank you!
    Last edited by mmanolos; 04-15-2014 at 07:42 PM Reason: Everything ok

Quote Originally Posted by Brenza View Post

It's quite a pain in the butt, if you can't fix this could you at least hide the fast-reply box if you're not logged in??
    We have now done as you suggested and removed the Quick Reply block for those not logged in, replacing it with a link to either Register or Login which leads back to the article.

Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

Image1.png  

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News