Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I completely understand about the 'having a life' bit as we get older. When I started getting into the PS3 scene last year, this was the only site that really seems friendly and less full of emboldened, anonymous 'net warriors (if you know what I mean). If you need the extra help, I will make the effort to do what is required. I am getting ready for a vacation and will be out for a couple of weeks, but aside from that I'm game.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm at your disposal.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    +Rep to moja and natepig also! And ya, a lot of people are vacationing until school resumes which I'm used to every year around this time really so enjoy the time off while it lasts I say!

i would love to be a mod on this site.

All senior members should automatically upgraded to Moderators after sometime.

They deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by oVERSoLDiER View Post
    I would definitely say elser1 is a great, active guy, who has deserved it to get a Moderator. Also there are a few other people here, which have the knowledge and can help here around for sure.
    Yeah, elser1 for mod.

I'm available to help out Boss

I suppose I am around quite often these days... I'm available to help as well if need be.

Hey Boss if you need a extra set of hands i'm game. As you know i'm on here a lot, so let me know if you need more help.

I have now +Rep'd those who replied since my last checkpoint- Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by DaedalusMinion View Post
    All senior members should automatically upgraded to Moderators after sometime.
    I completely agree with that from the heart, however, the issue in doing such a thing is the non-active Senior Members... some were SUPER active and helpful 2-3 years ago but haven't posted or even logged in for months or longer in some cases. A few of these I got to know personally (off the site, on IRC, etc) and they aren't even into PS3 (or even video gaming for the most part) any longer and moved on in life.

This is why we are looking to make "current" active members Forum Moderators, as they will help bring a little more activity to topics here which will (hopefully) encourage lurkers to join in the Forum discussion. Forum Moderator is probably not the correct "title" for what they will be doing, it really should be something like "Active Posters" or "PS3 News Social Directors" if you want get fancy.

Beyond adding some of the more active posters as Forum Moderators, we are also looking into other ideas that would stimulate discussion from lurkers in general... we don't allow flaming/trolling etc so hopefully they aren't deterred from joining in the discussion out of fear of being cyber-slapped hehe. The other thing we may do for the normal UserGroups is to cut down the amount of ads seen while logged in, which will make their overall browsing of the site faster and possibly increase their chance of making a reply to a post, etc.

It sounds like a catch-22, but I think one of the main reasons for seeing less activity in the Forums is due to there being less activity in them. I know if I was a user on a site and few people posted there daily I too would probably not see a need to post much either.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News