Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Poll Seeking Feedback for Advanced Forum Statistics Block

Sponsored Links
    Another thing we are considering adding here soon-ish is an Advanced Forum Statistics Block (vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=232811) that would display tabs and dropdowns containing items such as the following:
    • Latest Forum Posts
    • Hottest/Most Viewed Threads
    • Top Forum
    • Newest Members
    • Top Thread Starters
    • Top Reputations

While we could make it collapsible from view, the code would still load each time which would be a waste of server resources if we did that so...

Currently we are seeking feedback from members here on whether you would find such a thing useful or just annoying if it was shown above the boards on the main Forum index page here: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/

Below is an example of what it would look like, obviously if we added it the block would match our own site colors, etc. I will +Rep all helpful feedback below!

PS: If we did add it, should we nuke the existing sideblock for the Latest Posts as that may be considered redundant...

Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

vBCreative.net - Premium vBulletin Style_1263237317659.png  

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If these new Advanced Forum Statistics Block take general information on members such as Latest Forum Pst, Hottest/Most Viewed Threads, Top Forum, Newest Members, Top Thread Starters, Top Reputations, it isn't a bad idea. But if they take specific information on members and then they are published, this could affect the privacy of the members and I don't like. However, I don't think these statistics are so intrusive, so I would say that I support them.

PS: I am a forum moderator but I cannot edit previous post after 2 minutes I wrote it. I think new forum moderator (as I) have too few powers of moderation, please give us more confidence.
    Last edited by Ezio; 09-12-2011 at 02:26 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I think all the extra information is unnecessary, I like the the forums page the way it is. Especially the bar on the right which shows all the latest posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    PS: I am a forum moderator but I cannot edit previous post after 2 minutes I wrote it. I think new forum moderator (as I) have too few powers of moderation, please give us more confidence.
    I'm sure as time goes by the boss will give us some more powers.
    Last edited by HeyManHRU; 09-12-2011 at 07:54 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I briefly had the ability to close threads, but that has vanished and it seems i'm just moderator in spirit only.

i agree with heymanhru i like the page the way it is now.. that's what i log on every couple of hours n just check that to see whats happening n go from there.. i think the current page is awesome and would be disappointed if it changed, for the worse anyways.. if its better i guess its better eh..

we don't really need more powers as mods.. i too would like to be able to edit my posts more as i often just double post, like 2 or 3 times a week min.. sorry boss!! its easier than editing it and then trying to post the edit only to say it can't.. the only reason i see all us new mods to get more "powers" is if it helps the boss n crew with less work or something.

i guess as heyman says after a while we may.. anyways i like the page as is.. i like the hottest threads n newest members... but i think rep is over rated and too easy to obtain here.. posts are more important i think.. my 2 cents for the day..

I would love to see more detailed information as possible. But I also love the right "PS3 News Forum Posts" as well. Maybe we can try it out and see how it's running, if it's not running probably wen can just kick it out and return to this option here right away.

Quote Originally Posted by natepig View Post
    I briefly had the ability to close threads, but that has vanished and it seems i'm just moderator in spirit only.
    This is kinda covered HERE, but for those who missed it:

The Moderators we recently added have not been assigned sections yet... we plan to do this later this month and then you will once again be able to open/close threads in the area you choose to cover.

Keep in mind though guys, the current role of Moderators here is more to encourage discussions in Forum threads vs actual Moderating (closing, deleting, banning etc) as we honestly don't have enough posters/posts each day to warrant the latter.

Right now as natepig mentioned the Moderators are moreso made in spirit as a "THANKS" to those active here for helping to keep our community alive.

However, should Forum participation rise by non-Staff users and we have a need for soft-deleting or banning beyond what the Admins already do each day we can update the Moderator accounts as needed of course.

I like the idea of hottest threads, most viewed threads and some of the other bits may be useful too (as long as forum speed isn't impacted)
    - maybe you could add stuff to this... "Dumbest question of the week/day", "Lowest reputation", "Most comedic post" etc

Whoever said i was a sadistic b....d

(I sometimes wish we had this kind of thing at work - you know a top 10 list of various things)

It's all good boss - happy to follow where you lead (at the moment, although i reserve the right to change my mind)

PSPSwampy.

BOSS, what do you want to achieve with this? I can't really see the point for stats. I'm also siding with HeyManHRU (until I can understand your viewpoint). You guys have worked very hard on the layout and clean look. And I guess that is the biggest reason this remains my fav forum.

Quote Originally Posted by elser1 View Post
    i guess as heyman says after a while we may.. anyways i like the page as is.. i like the hottest threads n newest members... but i think rep is over rated and too easy to obtain here.. posts are more important i think.. my 2 cents for the day..
    Post quality is more important to me than count. You get +rep for a helpful or interesting post, while getting your post count up is as easy as posting 50 one word posts in the off topic forum.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News