Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by OGroteKoning View Post
    We must be careful for a "free for all", I have seen guys on here repping each other on an extremely frequent basis. A lot of the time it was not warranted.
    Well I was thinking the more good reputation you have received the more you can give out.

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    That is something we can look into... we may (not sure offhand) be able to allow higher UserGroups to Rep more than, for example, new Registered Users. This way it could (theoretically) only be 'abused' by dedicated and trusted members vs newbs.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I think the way it is at the moment is fine, but if you believe it would generate more activity Boss then surely a trial period of 30 days would be enough to see how well it works? If not then just revert to the previous state

I used to like the numbered version of Reputation rather than the green bars and since the numbers have gone I haven't even thought about what I'm posting may get +Rep'd!

I think that might be a bad thing, but it is a double-edged sword and if you can't think of something intellectual/beneficial to say in a thread then it may hinder you from responding at all, reducing activity.

Interesting point mentioned about the site being in the top 5 results of Google. If you type in PS3, PS3 Hacking, PS3 Jailbreak then PS3News.com is nowhere to be seen! HOWEVER guess who is the number one AND number two spot when you type in PS3 CFW

It is a valid point though that PS3news should try to get itself in the first page at the very least when someone searches for PS3 Hacking or PS3 Jailbreaking - how... I have no idea!

Only because I don't know many people who venture past the first few results of a Google Search, never mind the first page, but it would be a good start at generating new user's/more interest/more activity.

Just a quick post to say i love my green bars - it gives me an enormous sense of well being (...Parklife... - excuse me "in" joke for anyone around in the uk in the 90's) whenever i get a +rep - which isn't often enough! (but that's my fault)

But i can't find the +rep option anymore - was going to give some out in this thread, but the option seems to have gone?(!?)

I like the new users idea, as well as dumbest and funniest posts thing, though you can't really be objective with that.. I do agree with some of the actual expansions options also, like game reviews, or possibly accessory reviews (which to me would be more useful). Also, is there a way to sort thread listings in subforums by star rating? That may be useful to folks who care about community rating.

Now i feel like a right dumba.. just noticed the rep option moved to the bottom left hand corner of each post (the star).
    Bet it's been there for a while too! (oops!)

Ok - so i guess i've suggested and volenteered to be the first "dumbest post"

I swear my brain has gone to mush since we had the kids!

Don't feel bad, I thought they were Hanukkah cookies or some 'report to police' button.

Quote Originally Posted by moja View Post
    Don't feel bad, I thought they were Hanukkah cookies or some 'report to police' button.
    I though it was to report people when I first joined.
    Last edited by HeyManHRU; 09-14-2011 at 03:43 AM

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    more to encourage discussions in Forum threadsto those active here for helping to keep our community alive.
    I'm actually surprised at how relatively few post compared to the massive number of visitors... even at this moment that nothing in particular is going on there are apparently 27641 users online.

For some news items I can understand why, the average user wouldn't understand the purpose of everything posted and therefore not have anything to say. But for more mundane news items I always expect more replies.

As for this idea for a block of statistics, I'm indifferent to it and I suspect most would be but I doubt it would do any harm and it most likely would catch the attention of some. So I'm going to go with "why not".

Yep, my thoughts exactly... although that is cached from the last 12 hours or something but still you would think more would end up commenting than currently do. I hear ya though, maybe we will add it to see what happens... still undecided on it but time will tell.

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News