Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Rumor: Nintendo HD Codenamed Project Cafe, Tech Details

Sponsored Links
    A new report from French technology website 01net says that the recently rumored Nintendo HD platform is currently codenamed Project Cafe. The site, which leaked NGP specs before its announcement, claims to have tech specs and controller details for the console.

According to the report, the console will run on a custom IBM PowerPC CPU with three cores, a ATI R700 family GPU with a shader unit at version 4.1, and at least 512mb of RAM, which is “a bit more powerful” than an Xbox 360.

The site reaffirms that Project Cafe will have backwards compatibility with both Wii and Gamecube titles.

The controller boasts a six-inch touch-screen, a front-facing camera, d-pad, two bumpers, two triggers, and “possibly more,” according to the site. It can also be used as a Wii sensor bar.

The console will release in late 2012. 01net says another “big surprise” about the console will be revealed at E3.

Source: scrawlfx.com/2011/04/report-nintendo-hd-codenamed-project-cafe-tech-specs-and-controller-details via computerandvideogames.com/298348/news/wii-2-is-project-caf-says-report-tech-specs-controller-details-claimed/
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

Report-Project-Cafe-01net.jpg  

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    sounds good.. hope they have some good adult game titles for this not like wii stuff.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I won't mainpage it until there is an official announcement from Nintendo, but I will move this to the console news section for now.

Nintendo Confirms Wii Successor at E3 2011, Arrives in 2012

Today Nintendo has [Register or Login to view links] ([Register or Login to view links]) that the Wii's successor will be shown and playable at E3 this year, and that the new home console will be launching sometime in 2012.

According to several reports, the next-gen 'Project Cafe' Wii will utilize a new controller providing users with a unique view to streamed content from their console and TV.

To quote from MCVUK (linked above): "A fierce fortnight of rumours concerning the Wii 2 has been rounded off with official confirmation of a new Nintendo home console.

The platform holder confirmed as much in a note attached to its most recent financial report. It confirms that a “successor” to the popular motion sensing machine will launch at some point in 2012. It will be shown at this year's E3 in June."

Finally, for those wondering E3 runs this year from June 7 to June 9, 2011.

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

110425_4e.pdf  

This is pretty cool, although the ps3 is still more powerful haha. I would get me one of these.

Actually according to the specs it isn't, but even they are just rumours so I really have no idea how you've come to that conclusion. Either way when it comes to genuine innovation nintendo are the daddy's so I'll definitely be getting one.

But for now I just want to see it lol, a 6.2 inch touch screen on the controller along with dual analogue sticks and a full compliment of buttons? sounds like the controller is going to be some sort of handheld system in it's own right.

Quote Originally Posted by barrybarryk View Post
    Nintendo has confirmed the successor to the wii will be launched sometime in 2012 and will be shown at this years e3.
    Thanks for the confirmation barrybarryk and +Rep, as soon as some more details are available I will move this to the main page.

The confirmation comes from: [Register or Login to view links] see "Wii's successor system"

[Register or Login to view links]

And also says there'll be a playable model at the e3 this year.

I have now promoted it to the main page and +Rep again for the follow-up barrybarryk.

This new streaming touch screen controller thing sounds like another 'first' thing (and is pretty cool), but unless it's IP based so I can take it outside the house, I'm not sure how useful it would be - maybe during gameplay characters will interact, or a boss would make faces on it, or you could use it as an interactive control pad to diffuse bombs or solve puzzles.

I'll just have to wait to E3 to decide how to feel. I can hear my wife - 'Why do I keep finding the Wii controller in the bathroom?'

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News