Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rumor: New Grand Theft Auto Game to be Unveiled at E3 2010

In a recent interview with GameInformer.com (linked above), the director of analyst services for Electronic Entertainment Design and Research (EEDAR) Jesse Divnich predicted a new Grand Theft Auto game will be unveiled at E3 2010 in June.

To quote: "I think we're going to hear about another Grand Theft Auto. I think there won't be any playable stuff. I think they'll give you some type of teaser, because we do think that a year from then in 2011 we're going to see another Grand Theft Auto."

We asked Divnich about whether Sony or Microsoft would try and nab some sort of exclusive rights to the newest GTA, but he thought that those days were over.

"I don't foresee Microsoft or Sony attempting to obtain any type of exclusivity with the next Grand Theft Auto. Microsoft paid a lot of money for exclusivity on the downloadable content for GTA IV, which unfortunately did little to move consoles for Microsoft."

Rumor: New Grand Theft Auto Game to be Unveiled at E3 2010

More PlayStation 3 News...

I think its plausible. Just a couple days ago, GTA4 went on sale on Steam. It's usually $30 there but they kicked it down to $7.50. I pounced like most other people, but it definitely seemed suspicious.

Only way I'd buy it if it was redone from the floor up, ie gta 3/4...

These remakes are just to boring these days. Hell I feel like when I do play it I've been playing the same game for years, times to roll over rockstar.

Hope they do another London.. about time I think!

Quote Originally Posted by KRaZE View Post
    Only way I'd buy it if it was redone from the floor up, ie gta 3/4...

These remakes are just to boring these days. Hell I feel like when I do play it I've been playing the same game for years, times to roll over rockstar.
    New stories, new missions on the same engine as gta 4 is welcome on my book. I finished gta4 wanting more and if you give me a new story Im in I dont care if its on the same liberty city. Whats fun about these games anyway is the creativity, the choices, the chases and the mayhem.

Cheers.

gta4

i'm playing gta 4 at the moment and yeah it's about like the others, although i do like it. i would love to see some more of san andreas type stuff in it like the fixing of the cars, and different stuff that it had.

i can't wait till i new gta comes out, i would love a more realistic type game tho.

rumours around the internet hint it will be based around the vice city again

i hope they do something like san andreas.. that was my favorite

My main concern with a new gta game... is planes!, san adreas was a whole lot of fun!, a remake would be nice.. so much more interactivity in that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrapy View Post
    My main concern with a new gta game... is planes!, san adreas was a whole lot of fun!, a remake would be nice.. so much more interactivity in that one.
    That game is last gen, its not that old for a remake to happen and most of us can go grab a copy and play it on a $100 (new) ps2 system. Plus maybe we could get this a pstwo classic off the psn, so why remake san andres? I wasnt a follower of gta, in fact I played a little gta 1 and never played another gta again, but gta IV hooked me in. GTA IV is one of the best titles available this generation and vice city or san andres with another story and missions would be great, but please dont do remakes theirs so much to do, we dont need to play something all over again.

What GTA brings to the table is endless storys, endless killings, endless crime and mafia, so just throw in a new character, trophys, vehicles, some gimmicks and there we have our new GTA whatever. The formula is fun and satisfying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast