Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Rumor: The First Real Screenshots of Google's Chrome OS?

Sponsored Links
    These alleged screenshots of Google's Chrome OS -with a Mac OS X-inspired dock- may be real, apparently from an unconfirmed source sent to Mashable.com (linked above) from Development BETA 0.1.15.

To quote: An unfamiliar source sent us these, which claim to be screenshots of the upcoming Google Chrome OS.

Are they real? Who knows, but we'll confess we kinda like them - super simple for a web-centric experience.

They'll probably turn out to be mockups from a kid in Delaware. Or pinched from an Engadget story published years ago. Or something.

We don't care... they're cool, and we're only gonna keep prodding Google (Google) until we get to see the real thing.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Sorry

Sponsored Links
    I'm sorry but I think this whole ChromeOS thing is not a good idea. In my opinion this is not the right way we're heading.

Reducing everything to it's minimum (Netbooks, operating systems e.g.) is not a real advantage nor improvement.
    This makes good hardware (and software) even more expensive. Becaus even the cheap crap netbooks cost a lot of money.

When is this hype gonna end? And when will they get that not every single person on earth has a bandwidth of 16.000 kb/s ??
    Let's face it: people like playing around with their OS. And people like playing games. So let's get back to real improvement!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrink View Post
    I'm sorry but I think this whole ChromeOS thing is not a good idea. In my opinion this is not the right way we're heading.

Reducing everything to it's minimum (Netbooks, operating systems e.g.) is not a real advantage nor improvement.
    This makes good hardware (and software) even more expensive. Becaus even the cheap crap netbooks cost a lot of money.

When is this hype gonna end? And when will they get that not every single person on earth has a bandwidth of 16.000 kb/s ??
    Let's face it: people like playing around with their OS. And people like playing games. So let's get back to real improvement!
    i think you're the only one who thinks this. 1) if anything CHEAP software makes cheap devices because you don't have the cost of said software included in the device. 2) Making things small super functional and light weight is exactly the direction our tech is going and it very well should be. otherwise that laptop you love so much would still weigh 25 lbs have caster wheels and a detachable keyboard.

The Netbook and "small, simple and functional" campaign has given us things like the Intel Atom processor, and the Nvidia Ion GPU... why? because developers are forced to make things smaller, faster and consume less power. and sorry to say, but if a game were developed to run on chrome os (if one already cannot) then it would rock the sock off a windows PC because 1) chrome OS has less overhead, and 2) hardware that runs chrome os does not have to be dead slow. Now i love my windows, use it 8h a day 6 days a week at work. but im also not a fan boy for only one os, i also run ubuntu, and Mac os-x.

so i don't know where your opinion comes from on this, but its not fact and thats a good thing because its totally misinformed.

"Reducing everything to it's minimum (Netbooks, operating systems e.g.) is not a real advantage nor improvement." just sooo wrong. i love how my netbook runs on minimal hardware and the battery lasts 5.5-6h and if i had chrome os on there then it would be perfect... why because it will do exactly what i bought it for. keep me connected on the road with little to no headache. long battery life and performance that is great for the $200 i payed for it and yes i was well aware of what i was buying. My netbook can jump through hoops when im on the road and run circles around my 17 inch Dell XPS that eats a battery in 1 hour.....

so everything has its purpose... you don't play baseball in flipflops eh?
    Last edited by JeffJ; 08-19-2009 at 02:37 PM

i love my netbook to, a purely web oriented os would be perfect.. especially if it allowed us to browse faster or use less memory.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgydan2001 View Post
    i love my netbook to, a purely web oriented os would be perfect.. especially if it allowed us to browse faster or use less memory.
    exactly my thoughts as well.

Yea plus i have google chrome web browser right now it works well and i think expanding it will be great and faster. Although google is taking over the world it is a good idea but those pictures look weird idk if thats the official pics.

Chrome to be, looks slick, but let's see a real release

it could be oh so very useful, even on a regular notebook to dual-boot and be able to have an internet ready desktop available much faster than booting windows. sure there are linux distros that can do that as well, but if goog does it right, and makes it user friendly (like ubuntu's uninvasive wubi) then it could easily become widespread.

Although I have a powerful laptop, I don't use it for graphics intensive stuff. I run ubuntu and mostly do programming, symbolic calculations and number crunching.

If its possible to run a linux which can install a few software that can be installed on any other linux (gnuplot, gfortran) and has a decent repository (doesn't have to be as vast as ubuntu's), then I will totally go for it.

Chrome looks slick (and fast), and if it does all the things that any other linux does then I don't see a reason why it should only be considered for netbooks.

I hate all the hype about netbooks. They are good for just web browsing and emailing and other internet stuff that doesn't involve downloading anything. But for people that accualy use a computer they aren't. They are starting to ruin the Computer market, Laptops + Netbooks are becoming more popular which drives the PC and PC Hardware price up. It also makes all the Operating Systems have less functions. They should just stick what they have in the past..

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News