Rockstar's Response to GTA IV: Lost and Damned DLC

Today JokerElite sent an e-mail to Rockstar Games regarding the rumors surrounding Grand Theft Auto IV and if they were true. You would be suprised.

Rockstar's reply: "Unfortunately, we are only able to provide support and infomation on our current releases and are unable to comment on any possible future releases.

We are also unable to comment on future patches or upgrades for games that are currently released." - Kind regards, Jamie.

Strange... I believe Rockstar Games is leading us on to something. If they were unable to comment on a future patch; then it was true after all? If it isn't Lost & Damned then it must be some sort of a downloadable content coming to the PlayStation 3.

More PlayStation 3 News...

All these "rumors" about DLC coming to the PS3 for GTAIV are stupid. Its not going to happen as MS paid Rockstar 50 million dollars to have it on the Xbox 360 as an exclusive.

depends if it's contract related or not.

I don't have anything to sustain what I'm about to say but I remember reading somewhere that DLC was indeed planned for PS3's version of GTAIV and that it would be different from the $50 million bomb MS gave Rockstar for it's 3 exclusive DLC packs.

Even so, most "exclusives" are just timed ones so this particular DLC might still come to PS3, remember people swore that Ninja Gaiden 2 was never coming to PS3 because it was published by Microsoft (I said otherwhise and got banned from a well known blog) and now we will get Sigma 2 which is essentially the same game. The world is full of possibilities and if Square Enix can go back on it's word so often why can't Rockstar?

The GTA IV 'episodes' are exclusive to Xbox 360 permanently. They paid $50 million to keep them for the Xbox 360 alone. $50 million is not $5 million its $50 million and they paid such a high amount as MS thought that if they have exclusive DLC (Episodes) that will get people to buy the game on their console. They wouldn't have done the deal if it was a timed exclusive they also wouldn't do a deal if Rockstar would turn around a year later and say 'oh we are going to do some more episodes for Sony' So yeah all of this kinda stuff is just rumored crap.

First off I want to start off by saying It wasn't fifty million bucks it was twenty five mill for three (Meaning seventy millon total)

Next, the contract was for 6 months, meaning that each of the DLCs that were "exclusive" won't be so in due time UNLESS MS does another deal with them and it is probably unlikely that any deal will be excepted given that they won't be making anymore money off them if they stay on the 360. They HAVE to branch out to get more money also, nothing is exclusive anymore when it comes to third party developers. For the longest time Metal Gear Solid Four has been touted as being for the PS3 only, the 360 version will have a version later this year. So, stop trusting the whole "it will only be on..." because in this time of age..the third party developers only say that because they are paid to, once the money train ends and they run out of cash from being exclusive, they branch out to get more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rtrace View Post
    First off I want to start off by saying It wasn't fifty million bucks it was twenty five mill for three (Meaning seventy millon total)

Next, the contract was for 6 months, meaning that each of the DLCs that were "exclusive" won't be so in due time UNLESS MS does another deal with them and it is probably unlikely that any deal will be excepted given that they won't be making anymore money off them if they stay on the 360. They HAVE to branch out to get more money also, nothing is exclusive anymore when it comes to third party developers. For the longest time Metal Gear Solid Four has been touted as being for the PS3 only, the 360 version will have a version later this year. So, stop trusting the whole "it will only be on..." because in this time of age..the third party developers only say that because they are paid to, once the money train ends and they run out of cash from being exclusive, they branch out to get more.
    I do not know where you get your facts from but get it right kid its $50 million for 2 episodes. The 2nd episode is to be shown at E3 this year by MS.

It's useless to comment on rumor and speculation, I'm just expressing my thoughts on the matter and by E3 we might see if the whole MGS4 on 360 comes true or if the PS3 will get DLC whether it's the same as on 360 or a completely different one.