Name of Game: Terminator Salvation
    Publisher: Warner Home Video Games
    Release Date: 5/19/2009
    Genre: Action
    Player: 1 or 2
    Buy/Don't: No
    Overall Rating: 7.0
    Platforms: Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC

I would like to start off and say this is a very excellent game to rent, but it is too short to warrant buying.

It will take you 4-6 hours to complete the game and there is virtually no replay value with this game.

What more can you say other than this is a movie game. The AI is intelligent and predictable at the same time.

The weapons are there and the ammo is plentiful, and different weapon types you get include a shotgun, machine gun, assault rifle, rpg and gernade launcher. For gernades you get frag gernades and pipe bombs.

Theres 9 levels for this game.. the first one is easy, the ninth level is easy, the levels are the same but the AI and scenery change and get a little bit harder.

The machines are pretty much all the same. They are all mechanical monsters with different weak spots and a weak story. There is a boss for every level, typically in this game you just shoot rockets or machine guns at them till they die and then repeat on the next level.

It makes a good Friday night rental for late night but not a very good game, and to recap there is no replay value and its also a movie game.

Ups
    - Fun. It's a good rental
    - Awesome weapons

Downs
    - Short and a movie game
    - Limited weapon selection
    - Repetative and predictable AI and game fly

Rating
    Graphics - 8.0 - Average, nothing special about them
    Sound - 5.0 - Just regular, Nothing special
    Gameplay - 8.0 - Its a Movie Game. Its short, a good rental and its average
    Fun Factor - 5.0 - Average
    Online - N/A
    Overall - 7.0 (out of 10 / not an average)

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Nice review shummyr, I added it to our Reviews section and +Rep!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I can't believe what a high score you gave this game after the piss-poor review you gave Wolverine.

This has to be the worst game I've played in at least 6 months.

I played Wolverine for almost 30 hours to collect everything and had fun the entire time. This game lasts 4 hours and I can't believe how stupid I was for buying it.

I can't believe you gave Wolverine a 1 for "Fun Factor" and you gave this a 5.

To each his own I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Somnambulist View Post
    I can't believe what a high score you gave this game after the piss-poor review you gave Wolverine.

This has to be the worst game I've played in at least 6 months.

I played Wolverine for almost 30 hours to collect everything and had fun the entire time. This game lasts 4 hours and I can't believe how stupid I was for buying it.

I can't believe you gave Wolverine a 1 for "Fun Factor" and you gave this a 5.

To each his own I suppose.
    Games make a diferent impact on everyone, some will consider the first person shooters the best games others the hack and slash and so on. If you ask me I cant play for more than 5 minutes racing and fighting games they just dont make a click in me I suppose, but I love rpgs and fps.

Games are like movies but they have to be reviewed according to the genre and the reviewer has to be a fan of the genre or the review will be crap and it would help a lot if different reviewers stating their likes also reviewed the game that way if you like racing games you can follow a racing reviewer thats playing for example a fps and get an idea of how you will feel. To me the review here works because it states what I look for money vs hours of play, if you finish this in 6 hours you are paying 10 dlls per if the game is $60 dlls.

yeah the worst game i ever played too
    graphic 1 /10 Ps1 games looks better
    gameplay 1 /10 I didnt get it
    story 1/10 Stupid story
    sound 1/10 verry bad
    overall 0/10
    buy it : never
    rent it : never save your 5$
    this game suck big time and wolvering 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by adrianc1982 View Post
    To me the review here works because it states what I look for money vs hours of play, if you finish this in 6 hours you are paying 10 dlls per if the game is $60 dlls.
    I agree but in the Wolverine review he basically praises the game for 3 paragraphs and says it's 20 hours long, but then says he doesn't like hack and slash games and gives it a 5. This one he complains about and says it only lasts 4 hours and he gives it a 7? I get the fact that hack and slash isn't his cup of tea, but I don't agree with giving a game a low score because the genre isn't your favorite. I wasn't trying to be a jerk I was just really taken back by it. He can assign whatever arbitrary values to any game he wants I suppose... it is his choice. :P

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News