A method has been found for dumping Wii game discs via PC. Unfortunately, the process takes approximately 50+ hours to dump an entire disc! You will need: An LG-8164b or LG-8163b DVD-ROM (or possibly even other Hitachi) drive, DVDInfo Pro ([Register or Login to view links]) and .NET Framework 2.0 installed on your PC. Remember, this process takes over two full days to dump a single disc so be patient if you plan to try it!
Install .NET framework 2.0
Adjust dump.bat to match your dvd driveletter
Have DVDInfo Pro running in the background and use a LG-8164b or LG-8163b or LG-8162b dvd drive. It might even work with all Hitachi drives or other brands, just try.
Copy unscrambler.exe and plscsi.exe to the rawdump directory.
Unscramble the .wod file after ripping the image.
This version lets you continue a dump after you have stopped an unfinished job and it also checks if DVDInfo Pro is doing it's job.
Patched unscrambler.exe and no need to modify dump.bat
Rawdump3: Another new version with some minor bug fixes: Unscrambler started when application was closed and Buttons were clickable when checking image.
Rawdump2: This version lets you continue a dump after you have stopped an unfinished job and it also checks if dvdinfo is doing it's job.
A new Wii image dumper has been released which allows you to dump a disc in as little as three hours (it used to be 50 a while ago). It also includes a complete re-write of the dump code, error correction and integrated unscrambler.
- Faster!!! (dumps a Wii disc in 3 hours)
- complete rewrite of dumping code
- error correction
- integrated unscrambler
Install .NET framework 2.0
Use a LG-8164b or LG-8163b or LG-8162b dvd drive. It might even work with other hitachi drives with GDR in their name.
This version lets you continue a dump after you have stopped an unfinished job.
- Changed code to be compatible with Windows x64 and Windows x32
- Fixed random crashes
- Better error-correction code
- Fixed occasional arithmetic error
- Faster!! (dumps in about 2.5 hours)
- Faster unscrambling
- Status information while unscrambling
- Works with USB drives!!
Nekokabu has updated his app to version 0.05 This has been verified to create a complete dual-layer dump of SSBB in around 40 hours. The game can be dumped faster (around 23 hours) with the following method:
1. Dump first layer with DVD Dumper (Wiikey DVD Dumper, SD Backup Utility etc. )
2. Use this app to dump the second layer.
3. Create a raw image of the 2nd layer using bundled unscrambler.exe
4. Connect the two images using the command copy /b 1st.iso+2nd.iso swashx.iso
5. You should now have a 8,511,160,320 byte image.
Note: Data cannot be extraced from the iso using WiiTools because, apparently, there is a bug in the App. You should use WiiBrowse (included) instead.