Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PSX backups on PS2

Sponsored Links
    I need help playing my PSX bacups in my v11 PS2. It is modded with a dms4 Pro chip with the ToxicOS flash. It plays my ps2 backups fine but not my PSX backups. How can i fix this problem. Thank you for any help as to helping me solve this problem

Sponsored Links

PS3 Triangle Button

Sponsored Links
    V9 -V11 Ps2 have trouble reading cd`s [psx backups], the earlier versions didn`t have this problem as they would read cd`s fine.Don`t know of any way to correct this as this is a fault in the console itself,there has been a few of the v9-v11 that have read cd`s but not very many.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well I have a version 9 ps2 modded with a Dms3 chip and it plays my psx games. Is it normal for the cd to spin really fast and make a loud noise? I am asking this question because I do to want to damage my laser.

It is not normal. What speed are you burning your games at? It should be as slow as possible because fast writing speeds have been known to damage the laser. What software are you using to backup your PSX games??

Just for the record, my v10 plays PSX backups perfectly using the PSX launch command in KeyLauncher 0.4. The discs are Verbatim CD-Rs burned at 4x.

After you download KeyLauncher 0.4 what files do you burn on the cd. And do you use iso burn from nero or what else can u use?

Quote Originally Posted by hamburglar
    After you download KeyLauncher 0.4 what files do you burn on the cd. And do you use iso burn from nero or what else can u use?
    I don't use KeyLauncher from a disc. I boot it from my memory card.

Either way, your issue doesn't sound like a problem with your launch method, since any modchip will do a better job of booting backups than a softmod. Your issue is probably media and/or laser related. Get better quality discs (yes, even some CDs suck) and clean, adjust, and/or replace your laser.

Quote Originally Posted by hamburglar
    It is not normal. What speed are you burning your games at? It should be as slow as possible because fast writing speeds have been known to damage the laser. What software are you using to backup your PSX games??
    You are right. Those PSX games were backups form my modded Playstation Console. I hardly ever play them, but most of them were burned at 24x and used cheap media. I manly used Veritas Record Now Dx to burn the games. Thanks for the info dude you probably saved my laser. If I ever decide to play those psx games I will make sure to use quality media and burn at slow speeds.

no problem...glad to help out

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Jak
    Well I have a version 9 ps2 modded with a Dms3 chip and it plays my psx games. Is it normal for the cd to spin really fast and make a loud noise? I am asking this question because I do to want to damage my laser.
    The most cause of this high spin in psx games when a modchip is installed that the cd pot has to be adjusted to take out this high speed spin and it will load better then as i had to do this to my ps2 when i modded it,but not all psx games load and this is why a keylaucher has been used in some cases to help load some of these psx games,because the ps2 on it`s own without any install stuff on the meemory card doesn`t load all psx games as mine doesn`t load all,but the odd time it will load on these difficult games that don`t load well.

To my earlier post i didn`t mean to say that a few v9-v11 ps2 only read cd`s as more than a few do read them,but every console has it`s little quirts to it.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News