Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3News.com Goes Mobile with Forum Runner and Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
    As we continue implementing ideas from the 2011 Suggestions, today we have added mobile support to our Forums through both [Register or Login to view links] and [Register or Login to view links] applications.

Forum Runner is an Android / iPhone / iPod Touch / iPad App that allows you to browse this forum using a native client.

This means faster access for those users since it only downloads the actual forum information rather than all the extraneous images that slow down the mobile connection.

Forum Runner is free for Forum viewing and $1.99 for the full featured app that allows posting among the extras.

Downloads: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

Tapatalk is a mobile forum app for iPhone, Android and BlackBerry that supports all the usual forum functions plus full screen image viewing, image upload, caching (less reload), private messaging, all these features are accessible in just a few simple taps.

Downloads: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

If anyone wishes to give either a try, feel free to reply to this thread from your preferred device and we will +Rep ya.. enjoy!

PS: The pics below are from Forum Runner which seems to work fine, if anyone has issues with Tapatalk post them below and we will investigate as time permits.

PS3News.com Goes Mobile with Forum Runner and Tapatalk

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    thats great team. thanks so much for all the hard work you put into making this site what it is... well done.. i wish i had an ipod or smart phone to use this. so i'd download the iphone one for ipod touch? i may have to get one now.. LOL.. as i haven't owned one yet i'm not familiar with these programs, is it possible to inform you of new postings in news by alert somehow? that would be kool!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You aren't alone hehe, I don't have one either so CJPC gave it a test run and took the pics for us!

As for getting Site News update alerts, the easiest way I can think of is to get an RSS reader of some type and add our feed to it: [Register or Login to view links]

If anyone who is more familiar with mobile devices (I don't even own a cell phone myself) has other ideas feel free to post them below!

I always user Google Reader to read the general news on my computer and I've been using Forum Runner on my iPod Touch for a while now to browse other forums. Thanks for adding this!

No prob Scaper, it's nice to know it will be put to use by some here and +Rep!

not even a cell phone boss? LOL

thanks for the link..

harsh times I guess heehheheeh j/k

Congrats for the app!

It's actually by choice because when the "brick" phones first came out I had one followed by the "slimline brick" and back then the average bills were $400-700 a month so that got the whole cell phone addiction/desire out of my system for good.

Ever since then I vowed not to spend a dime on a cell phone and to this day I kept that promise... maybe one day I will get another, but I don't forsee it happening in the near future as I generally get along fine without one (except for when we add mobile support to the site ).

Looks good on Forum Runner, might even consider getting the full version even though I'd hardly ever use it anywhere outside of the WiFi coverage. Thanks for the new feature - I'm pretty sure this would be well appreciated by many.
    Last edited by GrandpaHomer; 05-03-2011 at 04:10 AM

Thanks GrandpaHomer and +Rep, and if anyone can test it out on Tapatalk let us know if it works OK on that also. It should, as the software said it was successfully installed, but it would be cool to get a confirmation or even see a pic of what it looks like from Tapatalk as well.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News