Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I agree with whats been said before - signatures tend to add too much clutter. If you can enable a short (200 characters or less) PLAIN txt only signature then maybe - but even that would start messing up the joint.

Maybe if only senior members+ had it and there were restrictions on what can actually be put ina sig - then yeah, otherwise don't see the point.

i.e. Don't let people post images / links (to other sites) in their signatures. (Links to threads here might be acceptable)

Personally, my signature would simply be a line and my nickname (something like this:-)

----------------------
    PSPSwampy.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well, here is what I think. I agree that letting out signatures is fine from the perspective of a hierarchy (with the "top users" to have this privilege only,etc) I also think that if we had the option to disable the viewing of sigs , it would really add to the versatility of the site's customization.

This option is available on another forum I use, and it works very effectively , it really makes things convenient from the users stand point and it adds balance to the site. I also agree the sigs clutter the forum, and consume bandwidth from both the server and client sides , and by limiting its use it would help conserve resources. of course, some of these alternatives could be explained in more detail, but this is just my ideas on a brainstormed level.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    We are back for the moment, not sure if/when we will need to go down again but if anyone runs into any issues feel free to post them in this thread and be sure to include your browser version, etc if it's something that needs to be fixed.

Once we finish the module ports, then we will begin working on adding some vB4 features and new things such as Facebook "like" boxes, mobile app support, etc.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It looks great box, i like the look of it.

Thanks, this is actually Stock vB4 but if you check the lower left there should be a selector where users can pick from other color styles once we add them.

Congrats BOSS ... the wait and annoying downtime over this weekend was well worth it (I missed not being able to log on)!! Kudos to all involved. The look is clean - this was my biggest worry, but alas - great job! Thanks

Thanks OGroteKoning and sorry for the downtime... we ran into a few unexpected obstacles (sometimes vB4 is great, other times I regret upgrading from vB3 ) but in the end we got most of the issues ironed out and this week we will tackle the rest.

I will say one thing though... let's hope vB4's lifespan is a long one as I am not looking to upgrading again to vB5 in the next few years.

Glad to see the site back up again

So far, looks nice - will take a little bit of getting used to - but luckily not too much different to cause any concerns!

Now to check all the news and have a bit of a look around

PSPSwampy.

p.s. Nice to see that my bookmarks all still work
    Last edited by PSPSwampy; 04-04-2011 at 07:34 PM

I love this awesome new look for the forums and I'm just wondering, do you plan on reconstructing/redisigning the main page? It look outdated comparing to forums now.

In the near future (shooting for next month) we do plan to update the front page a little... mainly just by bringing the vB4 navbar and colors there along with (hopefully) a new logo so everything matches. I may consider changing the main page's layout a bit as well, but there are only so many things that can be done with it... if anyone has any specific ideas, feel free to share them here though!

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News