Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This is no 1 April joke?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    indeed. lets do this. this upgrade will be amazing.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Nope, it's not part of April 1st hehe... also I forgot to mention but when we come back online with the new vB4 Forum while it will have some new features like PMs and Last Read it also will lose a few things.

Specifically, the bit that currently shows all the user names logged in will be gone (although the totals will still be present) as that is coded differently in vB4 and when there are hundreds on at one time it adds on like 5 seconds for the main forum section to load. The online/offline status of users show in their profile pages and in their Forum posts though so it shouldn't be a big issue really.

Finally, we are debating on whether to allow signatures in posts on the Forum once everything is up and running. On the minus side, it will add clutter and some spam to the Forums but on the plus side it may encourage some users to post if they know their sig will be seen in each post they make.

Anyone have feedback on this idea... Perhaps if we added sigs it could be based on UserGroup as more of a perk than something anyone can register to use?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Nice to see we are going upgrade now, there is nothing I hold on vB3 since the Activity and Longevity are vanished. For the graphic artist : Not only that you get the honor to create a logo for one of the biggest PS3 communities worldwide, no, you also get 100$ via PayPal. This will be a great day for the winner !

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Finally, we are debating on whether to allow signatures in posts on the Forum once everything is up and running. On the minus side, it will add clutter and some spam to the Forums but on the plus side it may encourage some users to post if they know their sig will be seen in each post they make.

Anyone have feedback on this idea... Perhaps if we added sigs it could be based on UserGroup as more of a perk than something anyone can register to use?
    Personally - I'm not a huge fan of signatures and I prefer it this feature is enabled on particular forum to have a user selectable option to NOT show all the signatures - it really clutters the normal read of forums and this one is quite technically oriented so it would distract from continues reading trough IMO. So - if you gona allow this (and I also like the idea have this only for higher user groups) then please (if new systems offers such option) let us select individually if we want to have signatures displayed or not. Just my two pennies (keep the change).

I like the idea of only higher usergroups having sigs.

Also as pointed it out, there should be an option for us to use the forums without the sigs enabled.

I too dislike signatures, but if they were resrticted junior member and up I could deal with that. It would be nice to have the option to hide them.

I don't like the signatures - they tend to clutter and eventually it all looks like advertising campaigns. If you restrict the size of such a signature, then maybe it will work, but I have my doubts!

I'd have to agree on fact that sigs generally contain spam and no useful information to the reader. But if they could be enabled in short text only form or maybe even as a link limited to the particular users choice of most informative thread or threads such as guides, tutorials or help topics then maybe they could even become useful.

I think generally having a signature is better for message boards. It lets the individual seem more unique in a way being able to display a signature whether it be a design, quote etc.

I think setting a max limit of at least 350x125 for logo size would be more than enough for any user and setting a character count. Also, I'm sure there is either a feature or a mod where you can specify who is able to have a signature. This could depend on Post Count, User Rank etc. no idea how you want to go about it but just some thoughts.

Im generally pro-signature, it let's users feel more part of the board and being unique.

My two cents..

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News