Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I think we covered this before, but unless you are maintaining a Sticky thread (updating an EBOOT list etc) where we would allow special permissions we don't allow editing in general as users can preview their post before submitting to correct any spelling or grammar errors.

I don't see this changing, however, if you wish to maintain a thread that requires constant editing/updating we can give the required permissions for infinite edit time in it so just ask on as-needed basis and we'll get it done!

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links
    OK here is a condensed list so far of the ideas from the last 6 pages (minus a few that we can't accommodate):
    • Custom user titles for some groups
    • Like system converts to Reputation points
    • Signatures for some groups
    • Modify the Rep button so it's more visible
    • Badge for Premium members
    • Top 10 hottest topics in 'latest' block
    • Competitions or giveaways
    • Show members online list again at forum bottom
    • PSN ID displayed in to your forum account
    • Twitter inclusion in member profiles
    • vBulletin Flash Arcade for game competitions
    • Auto-Rep for selected PS3 Help & Support answers

If anyone has other ideas to add to this list for 2012 Site updates post them below and if they are doable we will add them!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    with the psn id also i'd like trophy cards if at all possible boss..

What about an SSL encryption for our whole PS3News network from Thawte or Geotrust ?

We are in nearly in 2012 and everybody is taking data (like the Facebook "Like" button next to "Thread: PS3 News 2012 Ideas" without permission to do it!).

I think this would be really good step for the future and improve the site !

If you mean the like buttons inside the heart - they are in no way related to facebook. It's stored on an internal database here. As for the buttons on the top, even with SSL encryption, it would not matter since those work via javascript. As for Thawte or Geotrust - the same issues (these) would still apply.

Well, I see. The Like button isn't related in any way with FB. That's cool. I know SSL encryption take the server 15x more processing power on the server than on the client, but maybe you can add it as an optional element or even only for registered members (which I don't think will work, till port 443 is available for everyone).

And for the 30$ for the cert, just write an notification, or if you don't like it, write a PM to some members who will spend 5$ for a better PS3News (incl. me of course) via PayPal.

Sponsored Links
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News