Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well you should definitely post scene news here since most members (including myself) are mostly interested in it. Also for the PS blog news, only post stuff that might interest people, for example most people don't care about the latest movies/music on PSN but do care about the latest games.

Also, "likes" and "reps" are two different things (imo). If 3 likes become 1 rep we might as well just remove the "like" system and increase the number of +Reps you can give, like barrybarryk mentioned. BTW since you can give as many likes as you want that might also be abused to get others reputation up.

Suggestion - Premium members should get a little "banner" under their name saying something "Premuim member" or "PS3news supporter" just as a little "thank-you" from the site.
    Last edited by HeyManHRU; 11-25-2011 at 03:11 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yep, we can definitely tone down the PSN movies/music (similar to how we don't post much PlayStation Home news, only major updates but not weekly PS Home stuff in recent months).

As for the Premium members, from what I can tell the majority don't post (most often they remain lurkers without ads and download files) so I am not sure if that would be worth pursuing or not. I suppose we could do a poll open only to them, and see if any would prefer to have a banner under their name (although we could just change their UserTitle to 'Premium Member' or similar as well).

Thanks for the suggestions HeyManHRU!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I got another suggestion, maybe we could add "groups" in the forum. For example someone could make a group called "PS3 slim owners" and anyone with a slim PS3 could join.

What do you guys think?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I am going to pass on groups for the near future at least, mainly because groups throw a bunch of other variables into the equation from a backend standpoint and I believe from past changes we have disabled or removed a bunch of the code they use.

May I suggest something like "top-10 hottest topics" in addition to "Latest posts" we aready have?

The plugin actually, by default, had something like that when we first installed it.

However, I removed it because it ended up being the same 10 threads that were (for the most part, except for the multiMAN one) quite dated which vBulletin deemed were the "hottest" based on number of replies and views.

We could add it back for the new year sure, but my fear in doing so would be newbies making replies in 1+ year old threads for no reason... which would lead to us closing the threads, and them sitting on the "hottest 10" pane for the next few years dormant.

i'd like to see a few give aways.. or competitions or something.. old games to give away or whatever.. also i would like to get to know more about my fellow regulars so maybe like a "family photos" and tell us about yourself thread. but other than that i think this is by far the best ps3 forum in town baby!! hey with me as a mod, it has to be.. LOL (joking btw)

Pardon me Boss, because I'm youngest here, I suggest about counting on totally member or online around the corner maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    As for the Premium members, from what I can tell the majority don't post (most often they remain lurkers without ads and download files) so I am not sure if that would be worth pursuing or not. I suppose we could do a poll open only to them, and see if any would prefer to have a banner under their name (although we could just change their UserTitle to 'Premium Member' or similar as well).
    i'm a premium member and i'd like an exclusive premium members only banner.. that is a kool idea..

The issue with the Like -> Rep is that it would have to be custom. Namely, the Rep system is handled by vbulletin, whereas the likes are handled by vbseo, in separate tables and code. Now, we would need to add columns to flag if we already "converted" the like -> rep, if so how many, etc - and this would need to run on a hourly/daily cron. Not impossible by any means - but like the link posted for the Advanced Post Thanks - installing that , would lose all of our old likes , which do seem to be popular. Nice quick way of agreeing without replying!

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News