Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

PS2 back-ups keep loading

Sponsored Links
    I'm using the fat ps2 with swap magic, and flip top and i've managed to boot up Swap magic correctly, but the problem is the back-up. I'm trying to play Valkyrie Profile 2, and the game will load, but every two seconds it's says "reading disc", and a lot of the dialog skips.

I used a Memorex 16x+r to burn, with Imgburn. It there something wrong with the brand of disc, or was the iso burned incorrectly?

I also tried burning Codebreaker iso 9.2, and that won't even boot... just a black screen. The things is all of these disc work on my Pcsx2. I'm wasting a lot of discs... I'm really frustrated.

Sponsored Links

Question

Sponsored Links
    Probably a dumb question, but since you posted in the PS2 DVDRip section and mentioned above it's skipping a lot of dialogue... are you sure the back-up is a 1:1 copy versus a rip of the game?

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    For one, I would suggest using Open PS2 Loader for booting games instead of burning disc after disc. It just makes sense to load the game (which works in that loader via network, usb and HDD) without discs and bypass any chance of a bad burn.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Probably a dumb question, but since you posted in the PS2 DVDRip section and mentioned above it's skipping a lot of dialogue... are you sure the back-up is a 1:1 copy versus a rip of the game?
    I seem to have figured out the problem. I was using cheap Memorex dvds... hence the skipping. I've seemed to have eliminated all the skipping on my burn, except the aforementioned VP, which still keeps loading, constantly.

off-topic: Is there still no way to use a codebreaker 9 back-up with Swap Magic?

Here is the best things to do, i think that swapping disks is old so do this:

1. Boot up an ELFLoader (Eg. an ARMax Evo)
    2. Use its media player to load LaunchELF
    3. Launch FreeMcBoot from launch elf
    4. Install it to mem.card
    5. Done

Now, if you want to play a game, patch the iso file of the game with ESR DISK PATCHER and stick it into PS2

Well, I already have 1-4 done what exactly do you mean by patch the game, and stick just stick it on?

Do you mean patch the iso then burn it, then run it with ESR instead of swapping?
    Last edited by TheLambOfDeth; 07-22-2010 at 06:45 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yes that's how i do it,no need to swap! Just make sure you dont forget to patch each game before you burn with esr patcher.

If you're not sure if you have patched a game or no,just do it again and it will say already patched!

Yes you just patch the iso before burning!
    Last edited by radialman; 07-22-2010 at 08:27 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News