Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

President Obama: Video Games are a Health Concern

Sponsored Links
    Video games are now a health concern. That's what President Obama is saying anyways.

During a speech to the [Register or Login to view links], President Obama made a comment about video games being a factor in unhealthy lifestyles.

To quote: The second step that we can all agree on is to invest more in preventive care so that we can avoid illness and disease in the first place. That starts with each of us taking more responsibility for our health and the health of our children.

It means quitting smoking, going in for that mammogram or colon cancer screening. It means going for a run or hitting the gym, and raising our children to step away from the video games and spend more time playing outside."

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You know, he actually does have a point...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have to say couldn't I agree more, I love video games as much as the next guy but people especially americans really do need to get up off their asses and do more than just play games all day myself included.

Video Games are fun as hell, but the President makes a point. Not too healthy playing all the time to the point where you don't get up and get some regular exercise in. But hey, that's those peoples' fault for not caring for their own health.

Nice to be concerned about it, but I really think the President needs to concentrate on fixing this nation and its economy first before worrying about video games as a health concern.

Yea

Yea, i like games as much as the next guy and all, but a little outside play would be very beneficial. Crap, maybe we can Get tired as hell playing baseball,Football,Soccer or whatever and go home and cool down with some games lol

and raising our children to step away from the video games and spend more time playing outside."
    While he's making a point there, It kinda depends on where you live and if it's raining or not.
    I mean what's healthier for a kid? Playing video games inside your house or playing outside where the air is extremely poluted.

You know... there are alot of houses build near heavy industry, airports, highways and stuff like that.
    Other then that it's more of a health concern due to the fact that you're isolating yourself from society (if you spend hours and hours behind a computer/console).
    Last edited by GZA1984; 06-16-2009 at 12:53 PM

Summer vacation's here, winter's over. Major time restrictions on video games kick in for our kids...

I love the comments that keep on saying "he has a point there". Guy's come on... Every person over 5 years of age knows that already, don't hold it up like some genius statement just because the president said it. That just makes you look like a ignorant person.

Angry

WOOT, the government now wants to regulate what we do in our free time because we are incapable of making our own decisions and living with them... Where's the roof on this thing?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by CyanCaze View Post
    I love the comments that keep on saying "he has a point there". Guy's come on... Every person over 5 years of age knows that already, don't hold it up like some genius statement just because the president said it. That just makes you look like a ignorant person.
    Yeah, it doesn't take much insight to know that people should quit smoking or get more exercise

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News