has updated the PlayStation 2 Emulator for PC known as PCSX2 to BETA 720 today, and it includes the following changes:
Download: http://www.pcsx2.net/files/12607 / http://www.pcsx2.net/files/12609
- Improved block managers for EE/IOP recompilers. Basic asm optimizations combined with a technique of replacing NULL/invalid pointer checks with a direct link to a JIT dispatcher.
- IOP Fixes and Optimizations
- A couple of important VIF fixes
- Started some work on the pcsx2 emitter
- Usual opcodes fixes
- More recompiled opcodes added
- New EE rec "full" clamp mode, for a few picky games
- Usual code cleanups and reorganizations
- Usual speed optimizations (varies from game to game)
- Some EE interpreters fixes
- Added new, temporary gamefix for God of war and persona 3. If you have missing textures with this beta, you can try that.
- Major GUI API Cleanups
- Savestate version upgrade and stability fix
- New yuv2rgb decoder which is up to IPU spec (which differs slightly from MPEG spec). Improves color hue/saturation on many vids, and is a bit faster too.
- Many other small bugfixes and optimizations
Also included, gsdx, spu2-x and lilypad as of 9th of march 2009. Don't expect huge gains, as always. More PlayStation 3 News...