1) PCs are scalable
This means what exactly? You can spend more money just to play the latest game?
2) PC games are endlessly manipulable
And cheats find their way into every game, even punkbuster is'nt infallible.
3) PCs ape consoles in emulation
Good idea, spend £1500 ($3000) on the latest and greates hardware, just to play nes games.
4) PCs can be anywhere
So you're going to carry your mouse, keyboard, base unit, monitor and all associated leads with you?
5) keyboard and mouse beats all
It takes a little getting used to playing with a joypad, especially if you were a pc gamer, but you do get used to it, and it makes little difference eventually.
6) PCs do gamepads
7) Consoles go kaplooey too
Yep, but I'd rather spend £300 raplacing a ps3 than upto £1200 replacing the pc (that would need to be a catastrophic failure for sure though).
8) Consoles could vanish, but PCs will be around forever
Agree on this one. But backwards compatabilty means you can still play your favourite old games, not so true about the pc and newer OS's.
9) PC games are stylistically unbounded
Not sure whether this actually matters that much.
10) PCs are the creative heart of video gaming
This might be true for now, but how many people can afford (especially now that the World is in recesion) to keep upgrading to play new games.
11) PC games cost less
Yep, but is it really a huge difference? £35 for a new game or £40 for consoles.
12) online PC matchmaking is free
So is the PS3, but then take into account server rentals for clans? Thats not free.
13) piracy ain't just a PC problem
Dont make me laugh, Spore was pirated BEFORE the game was released.
There's a rule in the pc community - If you want to play ONLINE, you need to buy the original copy.
14) PCs excel at family-hotseat-group-play, too
No one gathers around the pc to play games, not like they do for consoles. Wii anyone?
15) PC displays trump living room displays
Yep, sharper, more detailed, higher resolutions, but you need to spend the equivelent of a console to buy the graphics card that can play games at those resolutions. Then spen the same again on a decent 24" monitor.
But when you're sat 5 feet away from a 42" Tv that supports 1080p, then suddenly that argument is moot.
Just my opinion.
13) Addendum, there's a lot more besides spore, that were pirated Before the initial release. It's just that spore is the most recent and widely known. You can't copy PS3 games as the ps3 has no modchip or ISO loader - It hasn't been hacked yet.
Edit: I used to be an avid PC Gamer, but I got fed up with the sheer cost of new hardware, upto £1000 per year, and thats just graphics cards. Sure you can spend a lot less, But now the only cost I have to bare is the buying of the games themselves.