Sponsored Links
May 11, 2007 - Oh mama, it's been a whopper of a week, and the inbox is as full as ever. A big, bulging sack, some might say. Heh. So, it's time to release the demons and delve into another bi-monthly roundup of feedback, harsh criticism, bad spelling, good spelling, laughter, tears and general drug-addled (or aided?) insanity that we can [Register or Login to view links] Hold on tight, hold your breath; here we go…

Moulded Arse

Hey guys, big fan.
Love your work Patch, Cam....and the rest of you (whoever you are).
Thanks for the 300 prize, ripping good yarn that ye movie pictures.

Which brings me to my point: all those letters from guys who are dissatisfied with Ninty and the lack of "hardcore" games at the moment. You guys really need to get over yourselves and smell the roses. You knew that from the moment the Wii was unveiled that it was going to be very kid-friendly and include many "party/family" games.

But maybe it was the price? Only $399! If you did your research you'd know that an xbox 360 core console was only selling for $100 more (the price of ONE game!) and is much more aimed at the hardcore crowd. My point is you should have known what you were buying, so don't blame anyone but yourself.

I own a Wii myself and I love the damn thing. I play it all the time and you know why? I don't just lay the corner of my room and scream myself to sleep because of the lack of games. I got myself a job and BOUGHT SOME GAMES!!! SSX Blur is awesome. Go buy it! Excite Truck is incredible. Go buy it! The Godfather and Medal of Honour Vanguard are great games also and should tide you over until the bigger releases.

So get off your perfectly moulded arse, buy some new games and enjoy what you have. The Wii has so much potential and is so much more involving and interactive then the xbox and ps3. You should know that, that's why you bought it.

Wow! That rant felt good. Almost too good... No, just good.

Matt

Howdy Matt,
Just to stem the snide remark waiting in the wings from our overlord and Editor-in-Chief, Bennett Ring, he's the other third of the site. Just FYI. As for Nintendo and their hardware - this same hardcore / mass-market conflict has occurred ever since the N64.

The SNES was the end of 'hardcore' software on Nintendo platforms. People who buy Nintendo's hardware under the presumption that they will get the Halos and Final Fantasies of the industry are just misguided - everyone knows you buy Nintendo hardware for the quality first-party titles, ala Mario and Zelda. Occasionally, there will be very solid third-party support, but the company tends to push for 'unique' spins on established franchises. You need only look at games like the recently announced Soul Calibur Adventures for a good case in point.
--Patch

Ka-ching

Hey Everyone at IGN

My question is regarding sony's PS2 console. Now that the PS3 is out in Australia when are we finally going to see a price drop on the PS2? I think right now the cost of it is still at around $180 I was hoping it would be around $120 now, cmon it is getting ridiculous. So would you guys happen to have any hint when we might be seeing this happening?

Thanking you in anticipation

Marc

Mister Marc,
We greet you warmly. Price drop on the PS2 hardware, eh? Well, I'd wager that stock will start being cleared out by the end of this year, and though nothing has been announced in terms of a price drop, the end of a console's life usually prompts retailers to start slashing prices or coupling the console with 'value-added' games and accessories - which is sadly more common.

If you look at what happened with the PSOne, retailers bundled the hardware with some Disney games and an LCD screen for a little more than the price of the hardware. Anyway, if you can't hold off, you could always bite the bullet and hit eBay, right? You might get lucky.
--Patch

Row, Row, Row Your Boat

Dear IGN-AU,
One common thread that keeps coming up in your mailbox is the glacial pace that Australia seems to be receiving games.
Take for example games like Metal Slug Anthology and Trauma Center, both games came out 6 months ago in the US and still haven't been launched here.
I do have a theory on why there is such a wait. When Nintendo wish to bring a new game out in Australia, they fill a row boat full of the game then get
2 Portuguese migrants by the name of Renaldo and Gestapo to bring the games out here. That must be why i am still waiting for the Metal Slug Anthology.
Maybe if they had a better boat we would only be waiting 3 months?
-Keith

Renado and Gestapo? You're not supposed to know about them. This exhibit is closed! *draws curtains*
--Patch

WHAT YUO SAYY!?!1

you recently answered a question in your out reach box regading australia getting paper mario on the wii
your answers was

"Why does it take so long for games to come out here? Because the Australian game publishers must get permission from Old Gregg, down on the bottom of the transatlantic shelf, before a game can come out here. And he's grumpy as all hell."

this was vague at best, I dont know whay you didnt answer proply who is this gregg an way

you call your self honest fair and balanced and you cant answer a simple question.

please tell the australian gaming puplic why nintendo seems to forget they exist and you dont care

thank you

Stephen

Okay, Stephen. I've preserved your email's incredible disregard for coherency and logic for all to see. I ordinarily don't condone public humiliation but… screw it. Read this and then read the next letter. And I really hope you make it through your crack cocaine phase and come out the other side a new man.

Thank you.
--Patch

1 [Register or Login to view links]

Thanks to [Register or Login to view links] for sharing the news with us!