Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Poll Opinions - Capcom says PS3 not dangerous at all

Sponsored Links
    Even Capcom thinks the PS3 is not dangerous at all... What a shame for us... Hope it will change... in the future

"Capcom: (...). The only one I would say is fairly inconsequential to our business, as much as we can tell, is PlayStation 3. Obviously the PlayStation 3 was opened up [jailbroken], and through a variety of systems, Sony has managed to largely put that genie back in the bottle, to the point where the scene is nowhere near as large as it is on other platforms."

At least the scene seems not dead anymore.

Source: playstationlifestyle.net/2011/09/30/capcom-ps3-has-the-lowest-rate-of-piracy-on-any-platform/

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I agree with what they said comparing the PS3 piracy scale to that of other systems, but I disagree that it isn't dangerous at all for PS3 publishers like Capcom. Just because things settled down a bit since the initial JailBreak doesn't mean they won't pick back up... especially with some PSN games recently being unlocked for CFW users and more likely to come.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yeah, compared to the 360 and Wii the PS3 hacking scene is not very large. Even though we can't play new games for now doesn't mean the PS3 scene is not "dangerous", we will be able to play new games at some point. It's just a matter of time.

Maybe they're fell like "this is it, no more jailbreak for PS3"

If it's me then I wouldn't be that calm (don't underestimate human) ^^

Probably a feel-good statement to reassure Sony over a bad sushi incident at their last business meeting.

hahahaha ^^

Or maybe an apologize for their "Hadouken" sandwich (>_<)

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    I agree with what they said comparing the PS3 piracy scale to that of other systems, but I disagree that it isn't dangerous at all for PS3 publishers like Capcom. Just because things settled down a bit since the initial JailBreak doesn't mean they won't pick back up... especially with some PSN games recently being unlocked for CFW users and more likely to come.
    Capcom have been going crazy with their DLC and reselling of the same game. These days it seems like everything they sell has half the content locked and you have to pay to unlock it. That and the endless cycle of releasing updates only as new games. Such as SF4 not being allowed to update to SSF4 (gotta buy the game again), they would have done the same for the AE update if they thought it was worth the loss of customers.

My point is at the rate Capcom is going it's only a matter of time before they start losing a noticeable amount of sales due to their practices and when that happens they'll be the first to blame piracy if the possibility for it exists.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News