Sponsored Links
As mentioned in our Past News, today out4it of our Staff is sharing his review on the new Octapus 3D mod-chip for v4-v15 PS2/PSTwo consoles. For those interested, the official Web site for the Octapus 3D is [Register or Login to view links], and current ReSellers include: [Register or Login to view links] (Greece), [Register or Login to view links] (Germany), and [Register or Login to view links] (Italy). Now on to the Team PS3News review courtesy of out4it!

"Well folks here it is, the review of the Octapus 3D Chip! Ok First let me start off by saying I have NO previous experience installing anything like this. When I got the package I was very excited because I was about to try something new. At first glance, the chip appears very small in size and very thin. I couldn't hold back, I had to get started! I proceeded to [Register or Login to view links] to find instructions on how to do this, but was a bit disappointed in the [Register or Login to view links] on the site. After examining them I had it figured out, so I got my soldering iron, solder, and wire ready. With that done, I started to take apart my PS2 v12 slimline.

After soldering all the wire leads first I had one step down... now to find the correct spot for the 10 pads that need to be soldered to the BiOS. I looked and looked, then went for it! They are very tiny points, but I made a makeshift jeweler's light with a magnifying glass and a light. Once those were done the other 9 wires (yes, nine for a v12) had to be soldered. I painstakenly looked over each spot to make sure it was the correct one. Once I was confident I soldered each point. I noticed it says in the instructions to use a heavier wire for one of the points so I did. After asssemblying it back together... it was the moment of truth.

I went and plugged everything back in and fired it up. It worked! Now to throw everything in my arsenal at it. I tried DVD-R back-ups, DVD-R movies, CD-R back-ups of PS1 and PS2 games, and even a few DVD+R movies and games. THEY ALL WORKED perfectly- no swapping!! Just put the disc in and play, so I recommend the Octapus 3D chip highly. My advice is to take your time, and try to make something like my little jeweler's lamp (it helped tremendously) and double-check everything. Total install time was about 3 hours, but now that I know how I can do it in less than an hour from complete tear down to re-assembly. Those with any experience in installing chips will find this is so easy and a very quick install of course. The price is great, and it performs flawlessly!! "